Learning & Development Manager
Auckland, NZ /
Human Resources – Learning and Development /
Make an impact – Join us as a Learning & Development Manager
Hono mai kia eke ki te taumata tiketike | Join us to reach the highest level possible
We have strong shared values and the power of purpose to make a real difference.
· Love to learn? Connect, work, and learn from our national and global network of industry leaders and experts
· Build and connect with a network of incredible talent, both locally and around the globe.
· Join a globally recognised leader in Professional Services and employer of choice for Graduates and Professionals
Who are Deloitte?
We are driven to create an impact that matters at every opportunity.
Over our 175-year history, we have built a reputation for impactful delivery across audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax, and technology services. Supported by a strong leadership team, and member firms from over 150 countries across the globe, Deloitte New Zealand is in the business of solving complex problems. Innovation is the oxygen that powers us, enabling us to embrace the unknown, the chaos, the mayhem, because we know this is where the magic can happen.
Our workplace and culture
Our purpose is to make an impact that matters. We are driven by our desire to create positive outcomes for our clients, communities, and people. Everything we do is with intent - the intent to make a meaningful difference.
Our shared values are at the heart of everything we do. Living these values, which include ‘taking care of each other’ and ‘fostering inclusion’, is essential to ensuring everyone feels included at work and able to reach their full potential.
For us to succeed and thrive as an organisation, we understand the importance of creating a culture where diverse perspectives matter and where everyone is given an equal opportunity to grow and develop.
How we value our Learning and Development
Learning under-pins our culture at Deloitte; to maintain our market position as a global leader it is critical our people have access to world leading Learning & Development opportunities. At Deloitte, everyone recognises the link between L&D, and having a competitive advantage.
Your typical day will include:
• Championing, developing, and evaluating new and existing future-ready programmes that maximise successful knowledge acquisition and skill transfer for senior managers of our business
• Co-designing programmes with internal and external stakeholders that are responsive, relevant, effective and engaging.
• Cultivating, contributing to and implementing highly effective programme or project plans.
• Effectively communicating the rationale and impact of learning initiatives evidencing how they enable and empower people.
• Coaching and supporting members of the L&D team using strength-based approaches so that they can make purposeful and unique impacts.
• Contributing to an inclusive team that champions a culture of authenticity, growth and connectedness.
• Fostering strong collaborative relationships with regional and global colleagues and L&D networks.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you. You are someone with:
• A growth mindset.
• An ability to develop trust and credibility.
• 7 years+ of programme management experience which demonstrates consistent positive gains for stakeholders.
• Strong knowledge of adult-learning theory, programme design and evaluation.
• Excellent facilitation and coaching skills.
• Proficiency in delivering inclusive and diverse multi-modal learning experiences and learning management systems.
• Proven communication and relationship management skills for all levels and complexities.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Agility to quickly make decisions showing a willingness to change direction and act based on sound judgement and good data.
• A proven collaborative and consultative approach with a strong customer service focus.
• Familiarity with Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its principles and Pasifika models of practice
We hold a simple belief – that our people’s hard work should be recognised and rewarded beyond their remuneration.
We have reimagined what ‘work’ looks like and how we can empower all our people to create a work experience that is distinct to their needs. Founded on concepts of trust, balance, wellbeing and the importance of personal connection, this is the Deloitte Experience.
• Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best
• Subsidised professional qualifications and paid professional memberships
• Subsidised Health Insurance
• Income protection insurance
• 22 days annual leave
• Social events, social sports teams and monthly Firm drinks
• A focus on wellness and well-being
• Community focussed volunteer days
• A focus on the environment and sustainability
• Plus much more
Does this sound exactly like the sort of role and organisation for you? Then apply now! We’d love to hear from you.
The Deloitte Talent Acquisition Team
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz