2024 Graduate | Financial Advisory Services | Commercial & Economic Advisory | Wellington
Wellington, NZ /
Financial Advisory – Corporate Finance /
We work closely with our clients on the challenges they face, helping them to make important value-based decisions. We provide commercial and economic advisory services to our public and private sector clients including strategic decision-making support, policy and strategy development, complex financial modelling, economic modelling & analysis, infrastructure development feasibility studies and business case development.
Our projects are broad, meaning you will gain experience across a range of industries, developing a suite of competencies across our offerings. You will have opportunities to develop useful technical skills. We have a broad curriculum and run regular training sessions throughout the year.
What qualification will you need?
We will consider a variety of degrees including (but not limited to): Economics, Finance, Accounting, Law, Sciences, Maths, Computer Science, Engineering, and Operations research.
What skills will you need?
- A willingness to learn and an inquisitive mind
- Strong communication & numerical skills for report writing and presentations
- Ability to find pragmatic solutions to real-world problems (flex textbook concepts for use in real world applications)
- Be a team player and work collaboratively.
What will you be doing?
- Helping clients to solve complex problems. Often these problems require an understanding of how social, economic or financial value is delivered, whether that is to customers, shareholders or to taxpayers
- Applying data analysis and modelling to help clients make important decisions for their organisations
- Using research tools and undertaking financial and economic analysis to provide support on projects
- Helping to produce professional, visually engaging deliverables for clients to effectively convey our complex analysis into a tidy, and easily digestible format
- Presenting your work and findings back to senior team members including partners. You will also have the opportunity to present work and recommendations back to clients with your team
- Developing an in-depth understanding of clients’ challenges and their industries
- You may have the opportunity to travel to client sites and Deloitte offices in other parts of the country
What kind of clients will I work with?
- Large- and medium-sized NZ businesses in a variety of industries - for example, energy, infrastructure, agriculture, Māori business, banking and finance
- Government clients – for example, defence, education, health, transport and local government
- Peak bodies seeking to influence government policy
- Recent clients include Auckland Transport, Vector, BusinessNZ, Ministry of Education, Westpac
What about technology?
Data skills, particularly Excel, are fundamental. Our clients are becoming more data and tech-savvy and we need to be, too. Therefore, data analytics, visualisation techniques, innovative design and presentation techniques are changing the way we approach our work and share it with our clients. We are introducing more technical data analytics software, and graduates with an interest and understanding in this will be a key part of its successful implementation.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
Remember you will need your CV, covering letter and academic transcript.
Please be aware, if a particular opportunity becomes oversubscribed, we will close it for applications before the stated deadline. We recommend you submit your full application as early as possible.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz