Tax Consultant/Senior Consultant
Auckland, NZ /
Tax & BA – Tax /
- Join our award-winning Tax & Business Advisory Team
- Varied role with a supportive, fun and dynamic team
- Training and development tailored to you and your career goals
We are looking for someone passionate about solving tax issues and creating opportunities to join our successful Auckland-based Deloitte Tax & Business Advisory team.
You will advise some of New Zealand’s most successful businesses, on some of the most interesting business and tax issues, and in the process develop your technical skills and gaining market leading experience. You will be passionate about making a positive impact for our clients, for yourself, and for the wider team.
Deloitte New Zealand continuously strives to be the undisputed leader in professional services. We work with a wide range of clients, from New Zealand’s largest companies to smaller businesses with ambition to grow.
Our People and Culture make this a great place to work. Each of us is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and take pride in our own achievements and the success of others. The culture is about inclusion, collaboration, high performance, and opportunity. All this translates into the best environment in which to drive your career forward.
About the team
Deloitte’s Tax & Business Advisory team is the market leader when it comes to advising privately owned businesses, focusing on delivering value to enterprises of all sizes. We help our clients across New Zealand and beyond to realise their full potential and ensure they’re on a pathway to grow and succeed. A key component of our team is ensuring our client’s tax affairs are managed as effectively as possible, in a world where the tax landscape is ever changing.
We are looking for a self-starter who is not only strong in accounting and tax, but who is also motivated by the opportunity to build their networks and create their own place in the market. By joining us, you will be a part of a thriving, high-performing team within a supportive environment that’s committed to providing a world class service to all our clients no matter how big or small.
What might your typical day look like? While a typical day is difficult to articulate, below are some key aspects of the role:
· Providing advice on a range of business and tax issues to clients, including in the context of transaction work, business operations and strategy as well as domestic and international tax work.
· Building relationships with key client contacts.
· Assisting in the preparation of financial statements and income tax returns / GST returns, as well as assisting clients in managing their tax obligations throughout the year.
· Supporting the team by drafting and preparing a range of client deliverables under the guidance of the leadership team.
· Managing multiple jobs concurrently, ensuring client and internal deadlines are met without compromising on quality.
· Being present in the market and creating opportunities to build relationships across a broad range of stakeholders.
· Being part of the culture, becoming a role model for our people and clients, as well as recognising others for the impact they make by their valued contributions.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you. You are someone with:
· Prior accounting and /or New Zealand tax experience
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Law or Commercial Law is advantageous
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
· Driven and highly committed
· Sharp and analytical
· Flexible and resilient
· A team player that values input and support from a team but can also work autonomously.
What we offer
We offer the opportunity to develop and grow your career as part of Deloitte’s market leading team while being rewarded with a competitive salary (dependent on experience), healthcare, flex-working and a range of benefits that you would expect from the world's leading professional services brand.
We take our coaching seriously and have a strong focus on helping our people achieve their potential and advancing through their career. In addition to on the job mentoring, you will have the benefit of a range of additional career development opportunities including internal and external training courses.
We are innovative and different, and we pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive, and social. Our people are at the heart of our success and our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages absolute inclusion.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz