Java Development Consultant – Platform and Systems Engineering (Contractor)
Management Consulting – Technology
• Curious and love to learn? Get access to unlimited learning and development opportunities
• Join a collaborative and innovative team who are always looking to make an impact that matters to our environment, people and clients
What will your typical day look like?
About the role and team
To support the emergence of cloud platforms, Deloitte Digital’s Technology practice is focused on delivering tailored, innovative solutions for our clients, helping them to disrupt their industry, connect their business to customers, and make better decisions about themselves.
As a result, we’re looking for someone focused around delivering value to our clients through supporting their ongoing middleware development, monitoring and customisation needs.
- Ability to work in an agile environment and work with business users and platform owners to understand requirements and create appropriate integration / middleware solutions.
- Background working with SOA components and architectures including development using XML, SOAP, WSDL and WS-Security and solid understanding of Enterprise Integration patterns.
- Work collaboratively with Deloitte colleagues supporting client needs onsite to deliver superior outcomes.
- Manage pipeline of ongoing maintenance support tickets and enhancements requirements within agreed timeframes (SLA’s).
- Build relationships with client users and SME’s to investigate, understand and propose solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Contribute to delivering a high performing environment in respect to people and culture aligned to Deloitte’s values to deliver exceptional service.
- Understanding of APIs and API based integration patterns will be beneficial.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you. You are someone with:
- 5+ years Java development and client engagement experience
- Technically curious and wanting to know more about cutting edge technologies
- Experience with distributed systems and web architectures
- A clear understanding of cloud service and deployment models
- A clear understanding of container technologies and the tools and challenges around them
- Experience with virtualized infrastructure and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) such as vSphere, OpenStack, Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Engine, or Microsoft Azure
- Familiarity with IT Operations processes and DevOps technologies such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or similar
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and other partners
- Understanding of networking concepts and ability to trouble shoot network issues
We bring together 1400 specialists professionals providing audit, tax, technology and systems, strategy and performance improvement, risk management, corporate finance, business recovery, forensic and accounting services nationwide.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organisation. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.