Technology Strategy and Transformation - Consultant
Christchurch, NZ /
Consulting – EO - Core Business /
Make an impact – Join us as a Technology Strategy and Transformation Consultant
Hono mai kia eke ki te taumata teitei ka taea
We have strong shared values and the power of purpose to make a real difference.
· Opportunity to be part of a leading global organisation.
· Join a dynamic team that brings together business know how and a deep understanding of technical capabilities to deliver tech solutions that drive success.
· Growth, training and development provided.
We are driven to create an impact that matters at every opportunity.
Over our 175-year history, we have built a reputation for impactful delivery across audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax, and technology services. Supported by a strong leadership team, and member firms from over 150 countries across the globe, Deloitte New Zealand is in the business of solving complex problems. Innovation is the oxygen that powers us, enabling us to embrace the unknown, the chaos, the mayhem, because we know this is where the magic can happen.
Our workplace and culture
Our purpose is to make an impact that matters. We are driven by our desire to create positive outcomes for our clients, communities, and people. Everything we do is with intent - the intent to make a meaningful difference.
Our shared values are at the heart of everything we do. Living these values, which include ‘taking care of each other’ and ‘fostering inclusion’, is essential to ensuring everyone feels included at work and able to reach their full potential.
For us to succeed and thrive as an organisation, we understand the importance of creating a culture where diverse perspectives matter and where everyone is given an equal opportunity to grow and develop.
About this team
Deloitte Consulting provides New Zealand organisations across the private, public and social sectors, with the tools and skills they need to grow and create sustainable value for their customers.
Our thriving Christchurch Consulting practice has an opportunity for a talented Technology Strategy & Transformation Senior Consultant. The successful candidate will have experience in professional services with exposure to a range of ERP solutions, cloud based services, enterprise service management, systems integration and project management.
The team serves a variety of Blue Chip corporate and public sector organisations. This is your opportunity to join our team to deliver innovative and outstanding service to our clients
What will your typical day look like?
Every one of our clients is a Technology Business. In Technology, Strategy & Transformation, we bring together business know how and a deep understanding of technical capabilities to deliver tech solutions that drive success and have impact in the marketplace. As a team of future-focused developers, digital architects and strategists – we work across the full IT lifecycle from designing technology strategies and architecting solutions to running some of New Zealand’s largest technology transformation projects.
We currently have an opportunity for a talented Consultant / Senior Consultant to join our Technology Strategy & Transformation Consulting team. The successful candidate will have experience in Technology Advisory, Consulting or Professional services with exposure to Technology Strategy, Operating Model creation, Business of Technology transformation and Enterprise Agility.
You will work as part of a team and should have a range of skills such as: requirements gathering and user story development, business analysis, business writing, workshop facilitation, report writing and stakeholder management.
You are someone with
- Around two to five years relevant experience in consulting, advisory and/or professional services environment.
- Tertiary Qualification (preferably business or IT)
- You understand IT topics such as IT strategy, IT processes, IT architecture, IT infrastructure, etc.
- You have passion for IT innovation and awareness of major technology trends (Agile Methodology, Robotics, Cloud, etc.)
- You enjoy working methodically, in a structured way and with great attention to detail.
- You are reliable and willing to take on responsibility in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Your standard of business writing is exceptional.
- Previous internships or working experiences within IT consulting or IT department of global company are an advantage.
We hold a simple belief – that our people’s hard work should be recognised and rewarded beyond their remuneration.
We have reimagined what ‘work’ looks like and how we can empower all our people to create a work experience that is distinct to their needs. Founded on concepts of trust, balance, wellbeing and the importance of personal connection, this is the Deloitte Experience.
· Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best
· Subsidised professional qualifications and paid professional memberships
· Subsidised Health Insurance
· Income protection insurance
· 22 days annual leave
· Social events, social sports teams and monthly Firm drinks
· A focus on wellness and well-being
· Community focussed volunteer days
· A focus on the environment and sustainability
· Plus much more
Does this sound exactly like the sort of role and organisation for you? Then apply now! We’d love to hear from you.
The Deloitte Talent Acquisition Team
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz