Tech Lead Integration and Cloud
Auckland, NZ OR Wellington, NZ OR Christchurch, NZ /
Consulting – EO - Cloud & Engineering /
· Join an award-winning consulting practice with global reach and thought-leadership.
· Be part of a high-performing team and expand your experience and capabilities.
· We support flexible working and believe it is critical to increasing engagement, optimising resources, supporting work-life balance and employee wellbeing.
About Cloud Engineering
Deloitte Cloud Engineering is changing how businesses leverage cloud-native technology to solve the toughest technology challenges our customers face!
We believe that all business innovation and disruption is driven by technology and that in order to compete and thrive, organisations need to adopt modern technology platforms and practices.
Our Cloud team are thought leaders and specialists in APIs, Cloud and Container technologies. We accelerate digital transformation by unlocking the value of core systems at the heart of organisations to the many and varied digital channels required by modern applications. We work with our customers to create modern technology solutions that can be transparently run and managed in the cloud or by hybrid architectures.
Come and join us if you are excited about the future of technology and want to build a future-proof career while working within a collaborative and supportive culture for an organisation that will invest in you.
Our team are united in their pursuit of technical excellence, passion for delivery, and aspirations to improve continuously. We are willing to think and work differently and ultimately thrive on winning as a Champion Team. Our team is lean, flat and skews heavily towards practitioners; we embrace Quality as a key differentiator in how we deliver solutions to our clients.
We are a local NZ team of 60+ engineers, and we combine this with 800+ Cloud Engineers in Australia and many more spread throughout the world. Deloitte is an amazing global network where you can find an expert in anything, and learn from the best.
In addition to joining a fantastic team, you will receive an industry-leading remuneration package with benefits, like flexi-time, an award-winning parental leave package, a suite of learning and development opportunities (technical certifications, leadership and personal development), access to the global Deloitte tech community and unparalleled opportunities to engage with leading software vendors such as AWS, Microsoft, Salesforce, MuleSoft, and Red Hat.
As our team continues to grow and develop, we are now looking for Technical Leads who know Integration, APIs and Cloud to a deep level, who want to engage with clients across a range of projects, and who want to grow their career to the next level.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- A deep and demonstrable understanding of APIs, Containers and Cloud (either AWS or Azure).
- Experience working on and architecting with the MuleSoft Integration Platform; or demonstrable experience working in a similar platform combined with a strong drive to learn MuleSoft
- The ability to lead a team, coaching and mentoring others.
- Able to confidently discuss solutions that span a range of technologies with clients, gain consensus, and work collaboratively to achieve an outcome.
- Development, testing and production support of API integrations using Mulesoft
- Proven track record in supporting or developing on Cloud Native platforms (Red Hat Operating System, AWS, Microsoft Azure Cloud and Docker is highly regarded)
- Experience and interest in solving the "hard" integration problems between enterprise systems. Knowing how to approach integration problems using API design patterns, messaging & pub/sub. Know how to build integration solutions that are robust and testable through the SDLC using integration testing, logging, tracing etc
- Passion for CICD practices using tools such as Github, Jenkins, Bitbucket and Azure DevOps
- Experience with Groovy scripting and Java frameworks - Spring is an added advantage
- Experience with logging and metrics technologies including Elasticsearch, Fluentd, Kibana, and Prometheus
- Desire to collaborate, innovate, build reusable IP, learn and mentor through practice-wide coding dojos, brown-bags, hackathons etc
If you have the drive and passion to succeed, apply now.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz