2023/2024 Intern | Risk Advisory | Christchurch
Christchurch, NZ /
Risk Advisory – Operational Risk /
· Connect with a collaborative and innovative team who are always looking to make an impact that matters
· Get hands-on experience in one the best risk careers available
· Get exposure to a wide range clients across different industries
Deloitte's Summer Intern program, running from November 2023 to February 2024 is a great way to experience what life is like in Risk Advisory by giving you real world exposure to clients and projects. The program is designed to help you make the best career choice by showing you what it's like working for Deloitte.
What will you get to do?
No two days are the same in the Risk Advisory team. Every day, we help clients navigate uncertainty, enabling them to embrace the inherent risks that come with opportunity. You will advise our clients on how to effectively manage their financial and non-financial risk and make informed and intelligent risk decisions to maximise opportunities and drive efficiencies. This includes helping organisations prevent risks around their business processes, cyber security, technology and operations. Pretty meaningful, right?
Your future starts with us
Our Risk Advisory team covers three key areas: Technology Operational Risk, Cyber Security and Forensics.
We love analysing data and uncovering meaningful insights to support our clients. You will work with organisations to identify, manage and prepare for risk, develop strategies to minimise risk and react quickly and confidently when faced with an issue or crisis. You will work with our global network to share ideas and take advantage of new technology to understand and resolve issues.
Enough about us, let's talk about you
- You are an inquisitive student with a knack for solving complex problems (and may or may not be a trivia and board game whiz!).
- Completed or may be completing a Bachelor degree or higher qualification in Engineering, Mathematics, Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Information Security Commerce, Law or equivalent field(s)
- Great interpersonal skills and thrive in collaborative environments
- Keen to get involved with driving technology-enabled change and delivering high quality outcomes for our clients
- Have a sharp and analytical mind
- Flexible, adaptable and resilient with the ability to embrace change
- Self-awareness and good emotional intelligence to navigate between clients with competing priorities
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
Remember you will need your CV, covering letter and academic transcript. Please only apply once, multiple applications will not be considered. You must be legally entitled to live and work in New Zealand from the time of application to be considered.
Please be aware, if a particular opportunity becomes oversubscribed, we will close it for applications before the stated deadline. We recommend you submit your full application as early as possible.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz