Manager/Associate Director in our international tax team - Make your impact
Auckland, NZ /
Tax & BA – Tax /
Hono mai kia eke ki te taumata teitei ka taea
We have strong shared values and the power of purpose to make a real difference.
· Flexible working options available so you can balance work/personal commitments
· Join a fantastic team in stunning offices
· Take your career to the next level with New Zealand’s most successful professional services firm
Who are Deloitte?
We are driven to create an impact that matters at every opportunity.
Over our 175-year history, we have built a reputation for impactful delivery across audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax, and technology services. Supported by a strong leadership team, and member firms from over 150 countries across the globe, Deloitte New Zealand is in the business of solving complex problems. Innovation is the oxygen that powers us, enabling us to embrace the unknown, the chaos, the mayhem, because we know this is where the magic can happen.
Today's environment of accelerating change requires creative problem-solving generated by the fusion of different disciplines. Deloitte’s multi-dimensional approach addresses the breadth of perspective needed to deliver breakthrough solutions. We connect the talents of more than 310,000 professionals and our IP and technology alliances–collaborating to drive impact.
Our workplace and culture:
Our purpose is to make an impact that matters. We are driven by our desire to create positive outcomes for our clients, communities, and people. Everything we do is with intent - the intent to make a meaningful difference.
Our shared values are at the heart of everything we do. Living these values, which include ‘taking care of each other’ and ‘fostering inclusion’, is essential to ensuring everyone feels included at work and able to reach their full potential.
For us to succeed and thrive as an organisation, we understand the importance of creating a culture where diverse perspectives matter and where everyone is given an equal opportunity to grow and develop.
About this team:
The Corporate International Tax Team works with a variety of top-tier clients, ranging from multinational corporations to start-ups/SMEs and high net-worth individuals, all with an international element (both outbound and inbound). The work we do for these clients covers tax advisory, structuring, transaction assistance, policy advice, tax compliance – anything they need to help them navigate the complexities of the New Zealand and international tax landscapes!
Our team has approximately 14 members, with 3 eminent corporate / international tax partners who are the experts in their field. We are an open and collaborative team, working together to solve some of the most interesting and challenging tax issues going around. We are committed to the on-going development of our team members, the sharing of knowledge/experiences with each other, and of course celebrating the many successes we have!
We are currently seeking a Manager or Associate Director on a permanent or part time basis to work from Auckland.
Your typical day will include:
· Acting as a role model and recognising others for the impact they make.
· Applying knowledge and skills of relevant practices and processes (or relevant tax rules and regulations) in areas of specialisation to client problems.
· Building on knowledge of technology/methodologies to complete client projects effectively.
· Proactively keeping abreast of legislative changes and ensuring they are reflective in planning and client conversations.
· Building strong relationships with your clients.
· Developing high-performing people and teams through providing challenging and meaningful opportunities.
· Influencing clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with senior people.
· Aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Enough about us, let’s talk about you. You are someone with:
· Minimum of 5+ years’ tax experience
· Current or recent experience in a Big 4, mid-tier or in-house tax team
· High degree of technical tax knowledge (including tax consulting and tax compliance
· International tax experience (e.g. DTAs, BEPS measures, CFC/FIF rules, etc) preferred but not essential
· Proven ability to build strong relationships with clients & colleagues
· Excellent team player, with proven organisational and communication skills
· An energetic and proactive attitude
· Results focused & client oriented
· A drive to develop people and grow their career. Serve as a role model for integrity, respect and appreciation of others, including their unique strengths and differences
We hold a simple belief – that our people’s hard work should be recognised and rewarded.
We have reimagined what ‘work’ looks like and how we can empower all our people to create a work experience that is distinct to their needs, along with the needs of their clients and teams.
Founded on concepts of trust, balance, wellbeing and the importance of personal connection, the Deloitte Experience (DX) empowers our people to make choices about where they work based on their client, team and individual needs and how they connect with their clients and each other.
For this permanent position you will be rewarded with a competitive salary (from $110,000 p.a. - $150,000 p.a. dependent on experience), healthcare insurance subsidy, and mobile phone benefit. Flex-working available in a 37.5 hour work week and a range of other benefits that you would expect from one of the world's leading professional services brands.
· Industry leading remuneration
· Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best
· Paid professional memberships
· Subsidised health insurance
· Income protection insurance
· 22 days annual leave
· Social events, social sports teams and monthly firm drinks
· A focus on wellness and well-being
· Community focussed volunteer days
· A focus on the environment and sustainability
· Plus much more
Does this sound exactly like the sort of role and organisation for you? Then apply now! We’d love to hear from you.
The Deloitte Talent Acquisition Team
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz