Commercial Advisory, Economics & Infrastructure – Senior Analyst/ Manager
Wellington, NZ /
Financial Advisory – Corporate Finance /
· Be inspired by a highly passionate, fast paced and collaborative team
· Unparalleled opportunity to work with and learn from the best
· Flexibility for work-life harmony- Deloitte actively promotes a flexible work environment
We’re looking for a talented and motivated Senior Analyst/ Manager with strong commercial and financial advisory expertise to join our dynamic Corporate Finance team in Wellington.
What will your typical day look like?
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a supportive and inclusive team that takes pride in delivering exceptional outcomes for our clients.
About the team
The Corporate Finance Team delivers Transaction Services, M&A and Valuation services and a broad range of Commercial Advisory work. Our Commercial Advisory work supports public and private sector organisations throughout the entire lifecycle of infrastructure and service delivery projects
Key aspects to the role include:
· Managing client projects
· Developing strong business relationships, and delivering outstanding service to a diverse portfolio of clients
· Project management skills and inter-personal skills as you will have responsibilities for managing day-to-day interactions with the client and other team members
· Developing high performing teams, coaching them to make an impact that matters and setting strategic direction to deliver exceptional client service
· Having an in-depth understanding of clients and their businesses, stay up-to-date on industry activities, marketplace trends and leading practices
Enough about us, let’s talk about you. You are someone who has experience in:
· Commercial, financial, procurement, transactional or economic experience, preferably in either a consulting or advisory environment (5+years)
· Strong financial analysis skills and commercial acumen with a proven ability in interpreting, defining and identifying solutions to commercial issues and problems.
· Drafting well-structured, evidence based and persuasive reports suitable for a variety of audiences including government and industry
· Leading projects from a day-to-day perspective working with multiple stakeholders across work streams
· Developing business cases or feasibility analysis
· Corporate finance, advisory, financial modelling, valuation or transaction experience is advantageous
· Experience in complex policy problems which have a high degree of stakeholder engagement
· Ability to mentor and lead junior team members and support the wider corporate finance team on client engagements.
· Strong written and oral communication skills as well as interpersonal and relationship building skills
· Previous experience working within industry or for government is also desirable.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz