Associate Director – Technology Strategy and Transformation
Wellington, NZ /
Consulting – EO - Core Business /
Hono mai kia eke ki te taumata teitei ka taea
- Do you have a passion for helping our clients unlock business value through the promise of technology?
· Do you have a passion for working with people and solving problems?
· Do you thrive working in a dynamic environment with a team of talented people who take pride in delivering great results?
We are driven to create an impact that matters at every opportunity.
Over our 175-year history, we have built a reputation for impactful delivery across audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax, and technology services. Supported by a strong leadership team, and member firms from over 150 countries across the globe, Deloitte New Zealand is in the business of solving complex problems. Innovation is the oxygen that powers us, enabling us to embrace the unknown, the chaos, the mayhem, because we know this is where the magic can happen.
Our workplace and culture
Our purpose is to make an impact that matters. We are driven by our desire to create positive outcomes for our clients, communities, and people. Everything we do is with intent - the intent to make a meaningful difference.
Our shared values are at the heart of everything we do. Living these values, which include ‘taking care of each other’ and ‘fostering inclusion’, is essential to ensuring everyone feels included at work and able to reach their full potential.
For us to succeed and thrive as an organisation, we understand the importance of creating a culture where diverse perspectives matter and where everyone is given an equal opportunity to grow and develop.
Your role as a leader
Your role as an Associate Director will focus on the management and delivery of client engagements, as well as sales and practice development. In this role, you will develop high-performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you:
· You are an experienced consulting professional with around with around 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in technology management, strategy or business analysis.
· You are comfortable and well versed in leading teams across multiple engagements providing leadership and mentorship and being the single point of contact for both the client and engagement team.
· You are a serious about you career and advancement and are excited at what a career at Deloitte may mean for you.
· You are passionate about modern technology and their applications in the business world.
· You have earned a university degree, and you are well versed in both technology and business fields.
· You have strong communication, synthesis and analysis skills and are able to articulate often complex concepts in a simple and straightforward way.
· You will have the ability to establish, build and maintain successful relationships and are adept at facing clients.
· Your self-motivation and drive will match that of our team.
· You pride yourself on providing the same high-quality service that is expected and delivered from one of New Zealand’s largest and most respected professional services firms.
What will your typical day look like:
· We currently have an opportunity for an experienced and talented Associate Director candidate to join our Technology Strategy & Transformation Consulting team. You’ll work alongside our clients with reference to the following areas:
· IT Strategy Development: Assist clients develop a technology strategy and road map that aligns with and supports their key business priorities.
· IT Operating Models: Support a senior IT management team or business sponsor to develop an IT Operating Model, outlining the strategic aims of the organisation, and then defining the various components of the IT function, including roles, processes, controls and potentially tools.
· IT Assessments: Undertake IT maturity assessments, potentially across all elements of the IT function. Such an assignment would examine how business alignment, strategy, architecture, development and operations are currently being run, and seek to understand issues with capability, process and governance.
· IT Sourcing: Allow clients to develop a sourcing strategy and delivery model to support the business needs at optimal cost. Support clients through the sourcing and selection process, and transition to the new delivery model.
· IT Architecture: Identifying and setting out the architectural components that provide a framework to facilitate the provision of technology and business solutions.
· IT Transformation: Shaping a major IT Transformation program for a client and running the Program Management Office of a major change program to deliver business and technology initiatives.
· IT Due Diligence: Supporting Merger & Acquisition activities for a client by conducting IT/technology due diligence on the Target organisation and defining a transition plan for the Acquirer.
We hold a simple belief – that our people’s hard work should be recognised and rewarded beyond their remuneration.
We have reimagined what ‘work’ looks like and how we can empower all our people to create a work experience that is distinct to their needs. Founded on concepts of trust, balance, wellbeing and the importance of personal connection, this is the Deloitte Experience.
· Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best
· Subsidised professional qualifications and paid professional memberships
· Subsidised Health Insurance
· Income protection insurance
· 22 days annual leave
· Social events, social sports teams and monthly Firm drinks
· A focus on wellness and well-being
· Community focused volunteer days
· A focus on the environment and sustainability
· Plus much more
Does this sound exactly like the sort of role and organisation for you? Then apply now! We’d love to hear from you.
The Deloitte Talent Acquisition Team
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz