Senior Tax Consultant/Manager - Make your impact
Wellington, NZ /
Tax & BA – Tax /
Hono mai kia eke ki te taumata teitei ka taea
We have strong shared values and the power of purpose to make a real difference.
· Join our award-winning tax team
· Flexibility to fit with your needs
· Training and development tailored to you and your career goals
We are driven to create an impact that matters at every opportunity.
Over our 175-year history, we have built a reputation for impactful delivery across audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax, and technology services. Supported by a strong leadership team, and member firms from over 150 countries across the globe, Deloitte New Zealand is in the business of solving complex problems. Innovation is the oxygen that powers us, enabling us to embrace the unknown, the chaos, the mayhem, because we know this is where the magic can happen.
Our workplace and culture
Our purpose is to make an impact that matters. We are driven by our desire to create positive outcomes for our clients, communities, and people. Everything we do is with intent - the intent to make a meaningful difference.
Our shared values are at the heart of everything we do. Living these values, which include ‘taking care of each other’ and ‘fostering inclusion’, is essential to ensuring everyone feels included at work and able to reach their full potential.
For us to succeed and thrive as an organisation, we understand the importance of creating a culture where diverse perspectives matter and where everyone is given an equal opportunity to grow and develop.
About this team:
Wellington based, full time and part time applicants will be considered
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic tax specialist to join our fantastic Wellington based team in stunning offices. Being part of the largest specialist tax practice in Wellington, you will have the opportunity to work as part of a diverse team that continues to grow.
Deloitte New Zealand’s tax team are widely regarded as experts and leaders in their field. Covering a broad range of corporate tax issues as well as a number of tax specialisations, our team works with some of the biggest and best clients to deliver outstanding tax advice and exceed our client’s expectations, while partnering with their businesses to grow.
**Please note you must have legal NZ work rights and be based in NZ to be considered for this role**
Your typical day will include:
· Delivering exceptional client service; maximising results and driving high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders.
· Influencing clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with senior people.
· Applying knowledge of current and pending tax legislation and understanding interaction across global tax functions, specifically in your areas of expertise.
· Fact-based decision making by using the appropriate research techniques and skills; and communicating advice clearly and effectively to clients.
· Improving work efficiency, effectiveness and client service by using common technology tools.
· Helping clients mitigate risk, meet compliance obligations and statutory deadlines, and realise business goals.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you. You are someone with:
· 3-6 years’ work experience in a tax environment (either in house or professional services, or a mix of these).
· A strong understanding of end-to-end tax processes and core tax technical skillset.
· Excellent team player and communication skills.
· Results driven & client oriented.
· Ability to handle multiple deadlines and conflicting priorities.
· Current or recent experience in a Big 4/ mid tier environment
We hold a simple belief – that our people’s hard work should be recognised and rewarded beyond their remuneration. We have reimagined what ‘work’ looks like and how we can empower all our people to create a work experience that is distinct to their needs. Founded on concepts of trust, balance, wellbeing and the importance of personal connection, this is the Deloitte Experience.
· Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best
· Subsidised professional qualifications and paid professional memberships
· Subsidised Health Insurance
· Income protection insurance
· 22 days annual leave
· Social events, social sports teams and monthly Firm drinks
· A focus on wellness and well-being
· Community focussed volunteer days
· A focus on the environment and sustainability
· Plus much more
Does this sound exactly like the sort of role and organisation for you? Then apply now! We’d love to hear from you.
The Deloitte Talent Acquisition Team
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz