Cyber Security Manager, Auckland
Risk Advisory – Cyber
We are looking for a Manager to join our Cyber, Privacy & Resilience team in Auckland. To be successful in the role you will bring a high level of energy, enjoy getting things done, have the ability to think laterally and innovate, and most importantly have a love for learning. We are looking for driven, well-rounded individual who is passionate about staying up to date with developments in information security and demonstrate a passion for business. This is an opportunity to materially develop your career as a professional in the cyber, privacy and resilience space. By joining us you will become a member of an international team that has been recognised as a global leader in cyber security consulting.
We know that helping our clients in securing what matters most to them requires a range of skill sets and experience - perhaps you:
- Have more of an IT infrastructure maintenance, IT implementation or software development background but have been passionate about making systems resilient and secure
- Are proud of your success in leading and delivering security projects
- Have been pivotal in helping organisations successfully respond to and recover from cyber incidents
- Have transformed how your organisation or your clients think about security
In your role, you will build high performing people and teams, coaching them to deliver exceptional client service. You lead by example, align your team to objectives and set priorities and direction and recognising your team for the impact they make. You have the ability to leverage an in-depth understanding of the client’s strategy to plan and drive the development of impactful and sustainable risk management solutions. You have an executive presence and the ability to establish credibility and instil confidence in clients. Lastly, the ability to advise client and establishing proactive and efficient detective, preventive and predictive programs.
Auckland is rated one of the most liveable city in the world globally evaluated on factors such as personal safety, environment, education, transportation and health. Getting around Auckland is possible on public transport and ongoing road, ferry and train infrastructure projects continue to improve this. Our largest office is in Auckland and offers all our services including audit, tax, technology & systems, strategy, performance improvements, risk management, corporate finance, business recovery, forensics, accounting services and the majority of our internal services team with more than 400 staff from New Zealand and around the world.
- 4+ years’ experience with at least a sub-set related to security.
- Well-developed and broad range of security expertise, which could include a mix of:
- IT business continuity planning
- Security incident response
- Project management or hands on experience in implementing security solutions or practices
- Operational security activities e.g. security monitoring and analysis
- Identity and access management, security architecture and design experience
- Development of security strategies and operating models
- Security and privacy risk assessments
- Security testing and penetration testing
- Strong understanding of technology and trends e.g. networking, application/software, cloud, digital ways of working
- Passionate about using your knowledge and experience to help businesses achieve their outcomes and overcome challenges.
- Drive the development of impactful and sustainable risk management solutions
- Strong relationship building skills and able to form strong working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
Apply now! For further information call Dasham Bedi on 09 303 0745 for a confidential chat.
We bring together 1400 specialists professionals providing audit, tax, technology and systems, strategy and performance improvement, risk management, corporate finance, business recovery, forensic and accounting services nationwide.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organisation. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.