Consultant/Senior Consultant - Business Advisory Services
Rotorua, NZ /
Accounting & Auditing – Business Advisory /
· Join our team of 50 accounting specialists in our Rotorua office
· Opportunity to be part of a leading global organisation
· Opportunity to work flexibly for work-life harmony
At Deloitte, the success of our business is founded on being able to recruit the best people, who share our values and are driven to make a positive impact. As a result, we are recognised as a market leader and a firm that creates real and lasting value for our clients. We provide you with opportunities to excel, drive change and make a difference on every engagement.
Our market leading Business Advisory Services team is looking for 2 Consultants or Senior Consultants to join our close-knit practice in Rotorua. You will work within the Accounting team to develop a trusted advisor relationship through your personalised approach to dealing with the unique challenges facing New Zealand businesses today. The Rotorua Office also provides specialised services to our Māori clients and others wishing to align their work with Māori businesses. The team works with the vision of using our knowledge and relationships to help Māori wishing to grow their pūtea, wealth, assets and businesses for the benefit of their whānau, hapū and iwi. This is your chance to develop your skills within an innovative, high-performing organisation that will provide a supportive environment that is committed to its people.
You will have a strong work ethic, enjoy working in a dynamic environment and demonstrate a high level of initiative. Professional yet personable, you will have a quiet confidence and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- 2 years’ + of experience relevant to the role
- CA qualified, or in final stages
- Experience in preparation of financial statements through to completion, management accounting, GST and annual tax returns
- Proven ability to work in a business advisory capacity
- Good understanding of accounting and tax issues
- Strong relationship building and communications skill are paramount to your success
- Strong technology skills in Xero, including knowledge of operating and/or implementing add ons
What's in it for you:
- Training and development opportunities to progress your career
- Two days additional annual leave (accountants day and birthday leave)
- Southern Cross health insurance subsidy
- Professional membership paid for by Deloitte (CAANZ)
- Supportive team environment
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary (from $55,000 to $80,000 p.a. dependent on experience), healthcare insurance subsidy, and mobile phone benefit. Flex-working available in a 37.5 hour work week and a range of other benefits that you would expect from one of the world's leading professional services brands.
Interested? Then don’t delay and apply today!
Please note that you must be based in NZ and have valid work rights to be considered for this role.
From 11 April 2022 it is no longer a condition of our COVID Response policy that our people, clients, contractors and visitors be vaccinated to attend our premises, Deloitte events or client premises (except where a client has a vaccine pass mandate in place). However, given the changing nature of the pandemic, we do reserve the right, following a Health & Safety Risk Assessment, to require that a role be performed by a person vaccinated against COVID-19 to minimise the health and safety risk to our people therefore ongoing collection of vaccination status will be important for managing future risks.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz