Operational Risk Senior Consultant, Wellington
Risk Advisory – Operational Risk
At Deloitte, the success of our business is founded on being able to recruit the best people, who share our values and are driven to make a positive impact. As a result, we are recognised as a market leader and a firm that creates real and lasting value for our clients. We provide you with opportunities to excel, drive change and make a difference on every engagement.
We are currently looking for a driven professional with a strong operational and financial risk management and business process controls improvement experience to join our Risk Advisory Services team in Wellington.
As a Consultant you will work with partners and senior staff on a range of challenging projects to help our clients improve their organisations, helping them identify opportunities to reduce risks, streamline processes and optimise financial and operational performance. You will:
- Actively participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions
Develop organisational policy, process and control frameworks and supporting documentation for business assessment, review and advice.
- This is a career opportunity to grow your business, risk, process improvement and advisory skills within a Big 4 environment with a strong focus on mentoring and team success.
Wellington is a superb city with a lot to offer. Downtown Wellington offers restaurants, cafes, hotels, attractions and transport all within walking distance. As the capital city, industry is primarily focused on public sector and government organisations although many of the large blue chip, private sector companies have offices in Wellington. To support the Wellington market, all of Deloitte’s service lines are represented in our newest state of the art building, located right in the heart of the city.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role – preferably in a big 4/ consulting or risk assurance / internal audit environment
- CA/CISA/CIA qualified (or equivalent)
- Bachelor's degree (in Accounting, Business Administration, Management Information / Systems, Accounting Information Systems or related field)
- Understanding of risks, controls and assurance and their linkages
- Good knowledge of internal controls and business processes, and improvement
- Strong relationship building, reporting writing and presentation skills
- An energetic and proactive attitude
- Excellent time management and written/oral communication skills
Interested? Then don’t delay and apply today! Contact Dasham Bedi on +64 9 303 0745 for a confidential chat about the role if required.
We bring together 1400 specialists professionals providing audit, tax, technology and systems, strategy and performance improvement, risk management, corporate finance, business recovery, forensic and accounting services nationwide.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organisation. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.