Senior Auditor- Make an Impact
Wellington, NZ /
Audit and Assurance – Audit /
Make an impact - Join us as a Senior Auditor
We have strong shared values and the power of purpose to make a real difference.
- Global top tier accounting firm experience
- Work across various industries with our extensive client base
- Our shared values go a long way in creating a great team environment and office culture
Who is Deloitte?
Audit is about much more than just the numbers. It’s about attesting to accomplishments and challenges, and helping to assure strong foundations for future aspirations. Deloitte illuminates the what, how, and why of change so clients are always ready to act ahead. In both challenging and favourable economic conditions, our audit team strives to help our clients “get it right” in today’s complex world.
Our workplace and culture
Our purpose is to make an impact that matters. Everything we do is with intent - the intent to make a meaningful difference. Our shared values are at the heart of everything we do. Living these values, including ‘taking care of each other’ and ‘fostering inclusion’, is essential to ensuring everyone feels included at work and able to reach their full potential.
For us to succeed and thrive as an organisation, we understand the importance of creating a culture where diverse perspectives matter and where everyone is given an equal opportunity to grow and develop.
Our Wellington team are looking for a Senior Auditor with a minimum of two and a half years' practical experience in providing audit and assurance services in a Chartered Accounting environment. We anticipate candidates will either have a professional qualification (i.e., CA or equivalent) or will be working towards this.
We provide a full range of services to our predominantly corporate, private, and public sector market throughout wider New Zealand. We will provide you with the opportunity to work alongside a number of the region's largest and most successful businesses and enterprises. You will gain exposure to a wide range of industries and have opportunities to contribute to projects on a national basis.
Destination New Zealand- Wellington
Wellington is a compact city. In the downtown area restaurants, cafes, hotels, attractions and transport are all within walking distance. Accessible and affordable public transport gives you easy access to the region.
If a long commute to work is something you’d like to avoid then you’ll be pleased to know that, on average, Wellingtonians have a commute to work of only 5 kms.
- Minimum of 2.5+ years audit experience
- CA (or equivalent) qualified or working towards a qualification.
- Demonstrated ability with IFRS and PBE IPSAS
- Very strong analytical and numerical skills combined with sound excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proven ability to lead audit teams and work effectively in a team environment.
- Well-developed research and problem-solving skills.
We'll develop your skills in
- Presenting findings and recommending/implementing advice
- Reviewing written advice, reports, memoranda and/or other relevant deliverables
- Analytical thinking and problem solving; making recommendations that shape or support the client’s business strategy
- Understanding of audit and risk issues and stakeholder needs to address complex problems
- Positively influencing clients, teams, and individuals by building relationships and communicating effectively.
- Delivering exceptional client service; maximising results while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders.
We hold a simple belief – that our people’s hard work should be recognised and rewarded beyond their remuneration.
We have reimagined what ‘work’ looks like and how we can empower all our people to create a work experience that is distinct to their needs. Founded on concepts of trust, balance, wellbeing and the importance of personal connection, this is the Deloitte Experience.
· Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best
· Subsidised professional qualifications and paid professional memberships
· Subsidised Health Insurance
· Income protection insurance
· 22 days annual leave
· Social events, social sports teams and monthly Firm drinks
· A focus on wellness and well-being
· Community focussed volunteer days
· A focus on the environment and sustainability
· Plus much more
Does this sound exactly like the sort of role and organisation for you? Then apply now! We’d love to hear from you.
The Deloitte Talent Acquisition Team
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz