Accounting and Reporting Advisory Senior Consultant - Make your impact
Wellington, NZ /
Audit and Assurance – Accounting & Reporting Advisory /
- Be part of a flourishing team and growing service line
- Training and development tailored to you and your career goals
- Flexibility for work-life harmony- Deloitte actively promotes a flexible work environment
Are you a technically minded accountant looking for a new challenge? Are you analytical and do you thrive on problem solving in complex environments? Do you understand how finance teams need to embrace change due to their ever-changing environment?
Come and utilise your compilation experience and knowledge in a challenging and varied role which will allow you to work across diverse projects and large clients to solve complex finance issues.
We are driven to create an impact that matters at every opportunity.
Supported by a strong leadership team and member firms from over 150 countries across the globe, Deloitte New Zealand is in the business of solving complex problems.
Innovation is the oxygen that powers us, enabling us to embrace the unknown, the chaos, the mayhem, because we know this is where the magic can happen.
Over our 175-year history, we have built a reputation for impactful delivery across audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax, and technology services.
Our workplace and culture
We are driven by our desire to create positive outcomes for our clients, communities, and people. Our purpose is to make an impact that matters. Everything we do is with intent - the intent to make a meaningful difference.
Our shared values are at the heart of everything we do. Living these values, including ‘taking care of each other’ and ‘fostering inclusion’, is essential to ensuring everyone feels included at work and able to reach their full potential.
For us to succeed and thrive as an organisation, we understand the importance of creating a culture where diverse perspectives matter and where everyone is given an equal opportunity to grow and develop.
Our growing Wellington Accounting and Reporting Advisory team is looking for a Senior Consultant to support their dynamic team.
You will apply your technical finance and accounting knowledge to assist our clients in enabling the success of their finance function. Our projects, which span a wide range of industries, include:
- Providing practical and pragmatic accounting solutions.
- Improving the effectiveness and performance of finance functions, and finance processes.
- Supporting clients during disruptive events (large transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions, divestments, etc.).
- Transitioning clients to comply with IFRS/IPSAS or any new accounting reporting standards
- Assisting clients with sustainability and performance reporting.
As a result of the diverse nature of the work you will often find yourself working with our other functions (tax, corporate finance, risk advisory, and consulting). You will develop effective business relationships, and work towards leading and managing teams.
You will have the opportunity to genuinely help our clients and make a real contribution as we grow by bringing your point of view and energy to the team.
Your experience of working in a professional services environment providing accounting compliance support will help you to transition into this team quickly. You will enjoy working with clients to solve their complex, technical accounting problems, and have a desire to keep learning and developing your technical capabilities as well as your relationship building and project management skills.
You will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Problem solving and use of judgement to determine when to consult with the rest of the team on complex matters.
- Influencing clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with senior people.
- Collaborating effectively across Deloitte functions to deliver on client needs.
- Acting as a role model and recognizing others for the impact they make.
- Leveraging and developing your technical accounting skills, along with your knowledge or what “good” looks like for a finance function.
- Being an excellent team player with strong project management, communication and stakeholder management skills.
In addition, you will need:
- Full membership of CAANZ (or equivalent) with 3+ years’ experience in NZ ideally
- Good technical accounting skills, with knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Public Benefit Entity International Public Sector Accounting Standards (PBE IPSAS) a plus.
- To be self-motivated, results driven & client oriented.
- A willingness to learn, and desire to work in a constantly changing environment
We hold a simple belief – that our people’s hard work should be recognised and rewarded beyond their remuneration.
We have reimagined what ‘work’ looks like and how we can empower all our people to create a work experience that is distinct to their needs. Founded on concepts of trust, balance, wellbeing and the importance of personal connection, this is the Deloitte experience.
- Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best
- Subsidised professional qualifications and paid professional memberships
- Subsidised health insurance
- Income protection insurance
- 22 days annual leave
- Social events, social sports teams, and monthly firm drinks
- A focus on wellness and well-being
- Community focused volunteer days
- A focus on the environment and sustainability
- Plus much more
Does this sound exactly like the sort of role and organisation for you? Then apply now! We’d love to hear from you.
The Deloitte Talent Acquisition Team
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz