Senior Product Designer
Delphia's mission is to ensure your data works exclusively for you. We do this by letting people invest their data alongside their money in order to improve their financial returns. Data, in this case, could be anything from someone’s profile characteristics (attributes) to the behavioral streams of data they create when using social media, a credit card, or a smartphone.
By modelling profile attributes against someone’s behavior, Delphia is able to weigh the behavior of a subpopulation (such as a conversation on Twitter) in such a way that it mirrors the complexion of the population at large. In so doing, we are able to see, and invest in, trends taking shape in the data long before others are aware of them.
We are building a new kind of company that re-thinks the value of privacy, data rights, and fiduciary responsibility in order to ensure your data is always working for you – just like your money.
Whether we're educating you on how your data can be used to make better investment decisions, or identifying future trends, people at Delphia are socially-minded creatives at heart. Our teams are continually iterating, solving hard problems, and collaborating to generate new forms of value and economic returns for our users (we call them “members”, in fact). Working together, we want people to realize the true value of their data – and we're just getting started.
Delphia is a growing (~20 people), multi-disciplinary team located in the heart of downtown Toronto. We began in January 2018 and are graduates of Y Combinator (SF) and the Creative Destruction Lab (Toronto). In 2018 we raised a Seed round (led by Lerer Hippeau & Golden Ventures) as well as a Series A (led by Real Ventures).
Bringing well-designed user experiences to the investing world will create new investors.
As a designer, you will use your expertise to tackle design challenges across the board. Understanding our users is core to our process. We focus on user testing and feedback with customers. We're looking for someone who has an eye for visuals and cares about solving problems for users. You'll work in partnership with our engineers and build features that will delight.
We're building a product-first organization and assembling the right team to begin scaling.
We have an opening for someone who wants to impact and transform how we relate to our data. It is also the perfect fit for someone who craves leading a range of design projects.
We'd love to hear from you if you have
- 7+ years of experience in a Design role within a consumer product-driven company
- Exposure to leading a Design team of a major product area
- Experience shipping products and features that were impactful to business success
- A breadth of experience from problem definition to detailed UI and visual design
- Several years of working with designers, PMs, engineers
- Skill with sketches and wireframes and translating those into high-fidelity using Figma
- Ability to create prototypes at various fidelities and levels of interactivity
- Experience designing digital products and have helped shipped products in the consumer space
- The ability to communicate design work and the rationale behind it with the back up of evidence
- Self-starter who can embrace ambiguity and deploy creative solutions to complex problems
- Solid understanding of how to create usable, accessible, and modular designs that scale
Perks & Offerings
As a member of the Delphia team, you will enjoy a variety of perks and benefits such as:
TTC Accessible: Located in the heart of the city at the corner of King and Bathurst. Off of the King Streetcar line (504 King)
Benefits: Comprehensive Health and Dental Benefits
Flexibility: Flexible work hours with the ability to work from home when need be
Investment: Employee Stock Options
Learning & Development: Tuition Reimbursement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate by race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.