Senior Software Engineer, iOS
Toronto, ON /
Delphia's mission is to ensure your data works exclusively for you. We do this by letting people invest their data alongside their money in order to improve their financial returns. Data, in this case, could be anything from someone’s profile characteristics (attributes) to the behavioral streams of data they create when using social media, a credit card, or a smartphone.
By modelling profile attributes against someone’s behavior, Delphia is able to weigh the behavior of a subpopulation (such as a conversation on Twitter) in such a way that it mirrors the complexion of the population at large. In so doing, we are able to see, and invest in, trends taking shape in the data long before others are aware of them.
We are building a new kind of company that re-thinks the value of privacy, data rights, and fiduciary responsibility in order to ensure your data is always working for you – just like your money.
Whether we're educating you on how your data can be used to make better investment decisions, or identifying future trends, people at Delphia are socially-minded creatives at heart. Our teams are continually iterating, solving hard problems, and collaborating to generate new forms of value and economic returns for our users (we call them “members”, in fact). Working together, we want people to realize the true value of their data – and we're just getting started.
Delphia is a growing (~20 people), multi-disciplinary team located in the heart of downtown Toronto. We began in January 2018 and are graduates of Y Combinator (SF) and the Creative Destruction Lab (Toronto). In 2018 we raised a Seed round (led by Lerer Hippeau & Golden Ventures) as well as a Series A (led by Real Ventures).
About the role
Delphia is looking for an iOS mobile engineer who is talented and creative as well as passionate about massive scale, quality, craftsmanship, and looking to push the boundaries of what is possible. You're not only an engineer however, you also bring a strong sense of interaction design to the team as well.
As an iOS Engineer, you will specialize in building crafted products as well as scaling and improving the core mobile infrastructure that powers our apps. You will collaborate with UX designers to create a rich app experience and execute pixel-perfect designs. You will also collaborate with backend engineers to ensure a fast & effective experience for our users.
You will work inside a multi-disciplinary product team helping prototype new features, Go from idea to implementation, and take responsibility of the existing software and its evolution to support new features, all while maintaining high quality and performance bars.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have Two years of consistent work experience on iOS building and architecting iOS apps
- You have a solid understanding of Swift
- You have experience working with RESTful APIs
- You have knowledge of modern UI/UX patterns as well as the ability to recognize and implement modern product design
- You have worked closely with Product Designers and PMs
- You have a high bar for the quality of your code. You take pride in it and you pay attention to what you commit
- You’re curious about the technologies you use and take initiative to dive in and figure things out when you have a question
- You preferably have Three years of consistent work experience on iOS building and architecting iOS apps
- You preferably have experience building and shipping web products in a continuous fashion
- You've preferably collaborated across engineering and design teams
- You've preferably earned an B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science
Perks & Offerings
As a member of the Delphia team, you will enjoy a variety of perks and benefits such as:
TTC Accessible: We are conveniently located in the heart of the city at the corner of King and Bathurst. Off of the King Streetcar line (504 King)
Benefits: Comprehensive Health and Dental Benefits
Flexibility: Flexible work hours with the ability to work from home when need be
Investment: Employee Stock Options
Learning & Development: Tuition Reimbursement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate by race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.