QA Automation Test Engineer
Engineering – Quality Engineering
Delphix is fundamentally changing the dynamics of how companies manage and consume data. Fortune 500 companies depend on the Delphix Data Platform to achieve 100x performance boost for application acceleration, 10x faster migration to the cloud and 10x increase in security of their most sensitive data. With offices around the world, Delphix is comprised of some of the brightest minds in tech, each of whom believes in the power of data to help accelerate the pace of discovery and better the way we live.
At Delphix, we are solving complex technical problems. We offer great mentorship and an amazing engineering-driven culture. Delphix Engineering is a team of extraordinary computer science problem-solvers who don’t just code; they drive end-to-end product strategy and delivery. Engineers are empowered to fundamentally drive the future of the company. We’ve built a culture where great ideas are created as a result of positive team ownership. Engineers have the freedom to identify customer problems, articulate solutions, and drive end-to-end execution of projects and strategy. Our team is built to mentor and support engineers in their growth as innovators and leaders. We mentor others towards finding and establishing ownership of new projects, technical areas and key product strategies. Delphix engineers are passionate in their pursuit of key opportunities to learn and grow, and relish the opportunity to share their knowledge and experience with others.
At Delphix, quality comes first and our QA team is the guardian Delphix quality. The QA team partners closely with project teams to define and execute test plans early in the development process. QA engineers at Delphix are well-versed in writing test automation in Python – from automating routine tests to building a robust automation infrastructure for scale and reliability.
- Analyze proposed and current features and workflows to identify high-risk areas
- Design a test strategy and write a detailed test plan and test cases
- Design and implement test automation in Python, and plan the work required to achieve this, including estimating the schedule
- Monitor and maintain test automation across multiple platforms and configurations
- Run manual testing as required
- Communicate results to multiple groups as required
- 3+ years experience in object-oriented programming and scripting languages
- Ability to think clearly and articulate your vision to others of varying technical comprehension
- Fluent in Python and Linux
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required
- Experience mentoring and strengthening teams
- Experience with other virtualization platforms such as VMware and KVM
- Experience in system administration
- Experience working with enterprise software
- Understanding of Database Technologies and/or experience using Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase
- Experience working directly with customers on requirements as well as debugging and customization
- Previous experience writing automation frameworks in Python
- Deep understanding of file systems and operating system
*You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.