Customer Success – Project Portfolio Management
Delphix is fundamentally changing the dynamics of how companies manage and consume data. Fortune 500 companies depend on the Delphix Data Platform to achieve 100x performance boost for application acceleration, 10x faster migration to the cloud and 10x increase in security of their most sensitive data. With offices around the world, Delphix is comprised of some of the brightest minds in tech, each of whom believes in the power of data to help accelerate the pace of discovery and better the way we live.
Delphix is looking for a fully competent project management professional with a broad understanding of software solutions and industry best practices. This position offers experienced Project Managers the opportunity to lead the scoping and pricing, analysis, planning and execution of all project governance functions for Delphix Services engagements. In this role, you will manage project budget, scope and schedule, and manage people to cultivate a motivating and productive working environment. Candidates should have prior experience simultaneously handling multiple engagements leveraging consulting team members and clients across different locations.
- Accountable for the management of small and/or large solution implementation projects, with responsibility for ensuring that Delphix and/or its subcontractors meet all requirements in the implementation of quality solutions to the customer within contractually agreed time and cost plans articulated in the statement of work.
- Project scoping and pricing duties include working with the Delphix sales team to capture requirements, develop the level of effort, price services, create the statement of work, ensure proper internal approvals in partnership with Delphix finance, contracts and sales operations, and recommend the appropriate package of services to customers that position them for long-term success, adoption and renewal.
- Project planning duties including working with field services management to create a budget and project plan for solution architecture, technical specialist delivery, training and deployment of the Delphix Solution. This includes building realistic time estimates, work plans and schedules that reflect budget, project milestones and staffing mix.
- Project management duties including coordinating activities for the Delphix team, its subcontractors and client resources in conjunction with the Client Project Manager, coordinating with Delphix Portfolio Management to ensure project progress and risks are properly communicated and documented and ensuring that changes in scope or schedule are justified, covered financially and agreed to by appropriate decision-makers.
- Risk and issue management duties including anticipating, reporting and addressing potential issues to minimize project impact, and tracking and reporting on project risks with corresponding contingencies and priorities.
- Project communications duties, including documenting and communicating team status, task accomplishment, and future direction to sales executives, field service management, alliances management, portfolio management. This includes coordinating meetings with the field services team, subcontractors and client team resources, and providing guidance to the team based on management direction.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a project manager or team lead implementing software solutions to external customers
- At least 2 years’ experience scoping, pricing and generating commercials for software implementation solutions to external customers
- Proven customer-facing experience within remote team services implementation organizations
- Proven IT project management implementation experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong planning capabilities, communications skills, and presentation skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively influence internal team members and customer stakeholders through consensus building, and ability to get results through others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, symbiotic team environment
- Innate sense of empathy, and the ability to bring calm and order to stressful situations
- Mindset of inclusiveness and welcoming a variety of ideas
- A flair for fun and levity
- Ability to work from one of our Delphix offices in Boston, MA; Longmont, CO; or Redwood Shores/San Francisco, CA
- University degree in computer information systems, computer science, business or any of its equivalents, with coursework in marketing or communications
*You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.