Sr. Technical Writer
Redwood City, CA
Customer Success – Customer Education & Experience
Delphix is fundamentally changing the dynamics of how companies manage and consume data. Fortune 500 companies depend on the Delphix Data Platform to achieve 100x performance boost for application acceleration, 10x faster migration to the cloud and 10x increase in security of their most sensitive data. With offices around the world, Delphix is comprised of some of the brightest minds in tech, each of whom believes in the power of data to help accelerate the pace of discovery and better the way we live.
We are looking for an excellent wordsmith with an ability to understand and write about complex technologies for our documentation and KB/Help systems. You have an understanding of technical writing requirements and concepts, review and publishing practices, and how to work in a mixed-author environment. This role is best suited for a candidate with several years of experience creating content for technical audiences. This is a one-year contract position.
- Write and edit product documentation for our Virtualization, Masking, Self-Service, and other products
- Work with Support and other teams to write and edit Knowledge Base articles
- Create content to support our community programs including tutorials, help articles, and explainer video scripts
- Review and edit content created by team members to ensure quality and consistency
- Collaborate with Information Architecture, Engineering, Product Management, and our Customer Success, Field Services organizations and others, to determine the information our users need to understand and be successful with Delphix products
- 5+ years of experience as a technical writer for Cloud, Database, Virtualization, or other enterprise technologies
- Excellent writing, grammatical skills and a clear writing style
- Experience writing content for technical documentation and Knowledge Base
- Exceptional editing and proofreading skills, with an eye for content gaps
- Awareness of and ability to leverage existing corporate wide language and communications
- Able to learn new technical concepts quickly
- Experience working with and improving review and publishing processes
- Experience with Markdown, Git, and Github based documentation
- Experience with Atlassian Confluence and/or Mindtouch
- Experience with data management, virtualization, and cloud technology
*We are strongest when we bring together a diverse set of perspectives and experiences, and strive to empower each voice to be heard and respected. Delphix is committed to hiring and supporting all teams regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, veteran status, or similar personal characteristics. Our focus on inclusion and diversity benefits our employees and positions Delphix to succeed as a global company.