Java Application Platform Engineer / Oracle
Redwood City / San Francisco
Engineering – Development Engineering
Delphix is fundamentally changing the dynamics of how companies manage and consume data. Fortune 500 companies depend on the Delphix Data Platform to achieve 100x performance boost for application acceleration, 10x faster migration to the cloud and 10x increase in security of their most sensitive data. With offices around the world, Delphix is comprised of some of the brightest minds in tech, each of whom believes in the power of data to help accelerate the pace of discovery and better the way we live.
The Delphix team is looking for a highly technical individual familiar with architecting and building Java-based enterprise application platforms. The Delphix application platform provides the foundation for our virtualization and masking products which are deployed on-prem, in the cloud or in hybrid environments.
- Work closely with QA, Support and Product Management to maintain the existing platform
- Work closely with Product Management and customers to understand new requirements and map them to the roadmap
- Work closely with members of the Application Platform team to prioritize and execute against the roadmap
- Collaborate with other product teams to produce application platform deliverables which form the building blocks of products at Delphix
- Work on building the roadmap for key areas in the application platform such as the deployment and upgrade of the Delphix Engine
- 5–10 years of experience building and architecting Java-based enterprise applications deployed on-prem and/or in the cloud
- Awareness of and experience with industry best practices and tools around application scalability (task execution, distributed metadata stores, message queues, dynamic resource management, load balancing, monitoring, profiling, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Clear, concise and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Highly Desirable
- Working experience with Oracle, either as a developer or a DBA
- Experience building software to deploy and upgrade enterprise software
- Experience with service-oriented architecture, micro services a plus
*You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.