Senior Software Development Engineer, Core Infrastructure - Remote
Engineering – Engineering /
Delphix is the industry leader for DevOps test data management.
Businesses need to transform application delivery but struggle to balance speed with data security and compliance. Our DevOps Data Platform automates data security, while rapidly deploying test data to accelerate application releases. With Delphix, customers modernize applications, adopt multi-cloud, achieve CI/CD, and recover from downtime events such as ransomware up to 2x faster.
Leading companies, including Choice Hotels, Banco Carrefour, and Fannie Mae, use Delphix to accelerate digital transformation and enable zero trust data management. Visit us at www.delphix.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our Continuous Data development team. As part of this team, you will be responsible for the core software platform of our application, focusing on product security, hardening, diagnosability, and supportability. Examples of current projects and recent projects delivered by the team include the development of features enabling protection from, and recovery of production data following ransomware attacks, providing Oauth2 authentication for product APIs, adding support for managing credentials with password vault technologies, and enabling remote monitoring with fluentd.
We are a geographically diverse team that fosters a collaborative and inclusive work environment. As part of the broader Delphix engineering community, you will have the opportunity to drive process improvements, help develop and drive adoption of best practices, and contribute new ideas to help make Delphix and its products better.
- Architect, design and implement large scale components of the product
- Deliver complex projects by defining structure in areas of uncertainty, identifying and expressing discrete deliverables, and managing interactions between different teams
- Respond to time sensitive issues within multiple familiar software modules or subsystems, root cause issues, and proactively improve robustness of individual features
- Proactively help team by establishing best practices
- Assess the impact of issues to identify and drive systematic improvements within an area
- Work with engineering teams, product management, sales, and customers to understand requirements and develop solutions
- Work with support, the field and customers to collect relevant data to come up with solutions and/or workarounds on complex, critical customer problems
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5 to 8 years of experience building enterprise products using Java, with hands-on experience with industry best practices
- Experience in analysing, debugging and diagnosing complex software systems - considering complexities like Performance, Scale, Interaction with Operating Systems, Multi-threaded interactions, etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle critical situations involving high priority customer issues, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlinesExcellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience of working with teams in the US or other countries
- Minimum undergraduate college/university degree in computer science
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of file systems and operating systems
- Prior experience in Unix/Linux systems
- Prior experience working in security, performance, monitoring and scalability
- Good to have QA experience
We are strongest when we bring together a diverse set of perspectives and experiences, and strive to empower each voice to be heard and respected. Delphix is committed to hiring and supporting all teams regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, veteran status, or similar personal characteristics. Our focus on inclusion and diversity benefits our employees and positions Delphix to succeed as a global company.