Technical Support Engineer (Basingstoke, UK)
Customer Success – Customer Support
Delphix is fundamentally changing the dynamics of how companies manage and consume data. Fortune 500 companies depend on the Delphix Data Platform to achieve 100x performance boost for application acceleration, 10x faster migration to the cloud and 10x increase in security of their most sensitive data. With offices around the world, Delphix is comprised of some of the brightest minds in tech, each of whom believes in the power of data to help accelerate the pace of discovery and better the way we live.
About the Team
As a Customer Support Team, we provide the highest level of professionalism and timely assistance to our customers. We help our customers reap the full benefit of their Delphix Engines.
Delphix strives to give the highest level of professional support to its customers through many different venues. As front-line support, you will often be the first avenue with whom our customers interact. As a Technical Support Engineer, you are responsible for taking and working cases, answering incoming support phone calls, monitoring self-service support channels and creating knowledge content. You will become a Delphix product expert, able to explain small nuances to the customer and contribute to the knowledge base to better enable customer self-service. You will also be expected to troubleshoot customer issues, analyze logs, file bugs, implement workarounds and aid customers in any technical issues that may arise with the product and related technologies and environments.
- Perform case backlog management and provide customer communication as appropriate
- Reproduce product issues in-house, recommend solutions/workarounds and collaborate with Engineering
- Work cross functionally with Engineering, Professional Services, Pre-Sales and other groups
- Create knowledge content that is shared with customers and co-workers
- Occasional travel may be required, generally two weeks a year or less
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated history of strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Unix System Analysis
- Experience with crash dump analysis for Unix
- Strong debugging skills
- Experience with a RDBMS, especially backup and recovery
- Operating System Skills: Linux, Unix, Windows Server
- Network Troubleshooting (TCP/IP, routing protocols)
- Ability to read “C” or Java code
*You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.