Principal Sales Solutions Engineer / West
Redwood City, CA
Field Services – Presales
Delphix is fundamentally changing the dynamics of how companies manage and consume data. Fortune 500 companies depend on the Delphix Data Platform to achieve 100x performance boost for application acceleration, 10x faster migration to the cloud and 10x increase in security of their most sensitive data. With offices around the world, Delphix is comprised of some of the brightest minds in tech, each of whom believes in the power of data to help accelerate the pace of discovery and better the way we live.
Our Western region-based Solution Engineer is an individual contributor in the sales organization responsible for driving revenue as a counterpart to our sales reps. Successful candidates will be comfortable talking to C-level business leaders and handling detailed technical and functional questions. In this role you will effectively collaborate with other teams including Sales, Professional Services, Marketing, Finance and Customer Support, as well as partners.
- Work with prospects to discover what applications and projects would be a good fit for Delphix
- Demonstrate the product to people who have not seen it before
- Execute on-site evaluations of the Delphix software with prospective customers
- Gather data to size and architect Delphix solutions for customers
- Answer technical and functional questions as required during the sales campaign
- Provide expertise in accelerating and enlarging deals through business and needs discovery analysis
- Requires 10+ years of successful enterprise presales experience
- Experience with and knowledge of cloud-based enterprise systems such as AWS, Oracle Cloud, and Google Cloud
- Past experience should be with market-leading companies in the Middleware, SDLC, TDM, ALM, MDM, BPM, Enterprise Apps
- Knowledge and experience with enterprise database systems, operating systems and virtualization platforms
- Prior experience in a start-up is a plus
- Suggested locations are Colorado, Arizona, or the Bay Area
- Frequent travel required to visit prospects and customers
- Work independently from home and during travel in an unstructured and fluid capacity in order to meet simultaneous sales objectives
- Work or travel on weekends to meet customer and prospect needs to ensure successful revenue generation
*You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.