Manager, Internal Communications
San Francisco, CA
This position is responsible for developing and executing internal communications and employee engagement strategies to inform, engage and inspire our community of employees and deliver on business objectives. This is a highly visible role and one that will enable you to make a tangible impact.
How you will make an impact:
- Develops internal communications, change management, employee engagement and executive visibility plans to deliver on business objectives.
- Partners closely with cross-functional teams (such as Human Resources, Marketing, Sales, Product, Legal, Clinical Affairs) to develop targeted strategic communications programs to reach and engage their teams.
- Develops innovative and measurable solutions to business challenges.
- Develops key messages, all-employee communications, executive presentations and newsletters, digital content and internal storytelling content.
- Manages and develops staff to achieve department objectives including determining staffing needs, staff training, setting goals, interviewing, selecting, coaching and evaluating the performance of all direct reports.
- Provides strategic communications counsel and coaching to executives.
What we look for:
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, organizational effectiveness, journalism or equivalent education, training, or experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Broad knowledge of recent industry best and emerging practices, including digital and social platforms to engage employees.
- Excellent project and time management skills and multitasking abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and lead staff and cross-functional teams to achieve results.
- Confirmed capability to work autonomously and exercise good judgment in fast-paced, dynamic environments, as well as the ability to escalate appropriately.
- Knowledge of Delta Dental products, policies, operations and procedures.
- Experience working with and counseling senior management.
- The ability to derive clarity out of ambiguous situations.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
As the first company to specialize in dental insurance, we are passionate about oral health and its importance to future generations. Our core purpose is the advancement of oral health care to our customers, partners and consumers through dental insurance programs and philanthropic efforts.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.