Legal Analyst- Litigation
San Francisco, CA /
Legal & Policy /
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
In supporting the Legal department, the Legal Analyst will provide assistance to attorneys on various legal matters related to insurance and health care, including research in new areas of growth, litigation support and operations support. This work also involves assisting attorneys in mitigating risk and driving towards business outcomes via analysis, interpretation, and organization of complex information. This position is part of a legal team that is in service to the larger company initiatives and which may require discretion and confidentiality.
How you will make an impact:
- With guidance from attorneys in the Legal department, flexibly provides support, analysis, escalation and insight to attorneys.
- Manages time sensitive projects for the Legal department, such as legal research, contract review, and legislative monitoring, diving deep into new projects and demonstrating independent ownership to meet client needs.
- As needed, serves as liaison to outside counsel, coordinating documents and knowledge sharing.
- Identifies legal requirements and issues by researching statutes and case law; provides insight, recommendations, and conclusions on requirements in a manner that can be quickly reviewed and actioned upon by attorneys and other business partners.
- Manages key processes for the Legal Department such as: RFP review, day to day guidance to clients under supervision of an attorney, and knowledge management/ education opportunities for the business.
- Creates reports and analyzes data to identify solutions to meet business goals; provides actionable recommendations to practice group leads.
- Analyzes current processes to identify existing or potential problems and process improvement opportunities.
- Anticipates and initiates routine legal tasks, both independently and as requested by attorneys.
- Provides regular feedback to attorneys and appropriate departmental personnel regarding the status of legal projects.
- Escalates significant issues to attorneys in a timely manner.
- Creates reports and analyzes data to identify solutions that meet business goals.
- Analyzes current processes and identifies existing or potential problems in order to discover new process improvement opportunities.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
What we look for:
- 2+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree. J.D. preferred.
- Litigation related experience preferred.
- Employment law related experience preferred.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Very strong organizational, prioritization and follow-up skills.
- Friendly demeanor, team attitude, and helpful nature; able to work and take direction from colleagues across the Legal Affairs division.
- Attention to detail and commitment to delivering high quality work product.
- Strong sense of professionalism, ethics and confidentiality.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Employee well-being program
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Due to COVID-19, there is an even greater demand for flexibility and change. Due to the pandemic, the expectation around work location for certain roles may be remote until a future date, determined by Delta Dental Management. Should the position you seek be determined by Delta Dental Management as “remote,” the position may require you to have access to remote internet in order to meet the expectations outlined in the job duties.
Please note, Delta Dental will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
To see some of the smiling faces behind Delta Dental and to learn more about what our values and culture look like in action, connect with us on social media: @lifeatddins on Facebook and Instagram, @deltadentalins on Twitter, and Delta Dental Ins. on LinkedIn.
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so we’re all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.