Senior Manager, Cybersecurity Operations
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The Manager of Cybersecurity Operations leads the team responsible for defining, developing, updating, and delivering the Technical Security Solution Operations Service and the Appropriate Use Solution Operations Service. The team operates, manages, and maintains technical security solutions, security process support solutions, and appropriate use monitoring and enforcement solutions. Primary objectives for the role will be to exceed customer expectations with regard to availability, performance, capacity, currency, problem resolution, and configuration of technical security, security process support, and appropriate use monitoring and enforcement solutions.
How you will make an impact:
- Have overall responsibility for Cybersecurity Operations services.
- Maintain the service management plan for Cybersecurity Operations services.
- Ensure that processes and technical capabilities are implemented according to approved goals and policies.
- Monitor and track the maturity of Cybersecurity Operations services.
- Proactively identify service improvement opportunities.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all concerns in the context of Cybersecurity Operations services
- Act as an expert for Cybersecurity Operations services on technical and non-technical concerns
- Maintain core service documentation.
- Have situational awareness of all events, situations, and changes impacting Cybersecurity Operations services.
- Report regularly on the service to senior leadership.
- Create target state and implementation roadmap for cybersecurity operations processes and supporting technology.
- Lead maturity efforts to implement the process and technology roadmap.
- Deliver a full suite of system lifecycle and IT service management activities to support security platforms, including: availability and continuity management, capacity management, customer relationship management supplier relationship management, incident management, problem management, configuration management, change management, reporting, and release and deployment management.
- Design and implement all changes to technical security solution configurations.
- Provide security system owners a suite of service management activities focused on the configuration and maintenance of the security functions of the solution, including customer relationship management, supplier relationship management, incident management, problem management, configuration management, change management, release and deployment management, service request management, reporting, and continuous service improvement.
- Ensure that integrations with or agent deployments of security systems, e.g. log feeds from servers or anti-malware agent deployments, continue to exceed established thresholds for environmental saturation and coverage. Provide support and troubleshooting for new integrations or agent deployments.
- Report to senior leadership on the overall health and effectiveness of security platforms.
- Establish and maintain expertise in a wide variety of security technologies, including, but not limited to, vulnerability scanning, data loss prevention, intrusion prevention, application firewalls, web proxies, multi-factor authentication, database security monitoring, sensitive data discovery, and PKI.
What we look for:
- Proven experience in securing a public cloud environment (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience with configuring and deploying CASB, DLP, WAF, IDS, and other security solutions.
- Experience utilizing Agile methodologies.
- Experience defining and managing a set of interconnected processes.
- Experience measuring and reporting on operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ability to communicate regularly and clearly to a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience managing a geographically disperse team.
- Experience developing vision and strategy for a team.
- Resolving disputes within team and across functional boundaries.
- Negotiating rules of engagement.
- Defining clear roles and responsibilities and establish accountability.
- Setting goals and measure performance.
- Encouraging employee growth and development.
- Leading a moderately complex project to completion.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Operations Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or a related field and 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate related work experience; or a Master's degree in Computer Science, Operations Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or a related field and 4 years of related work experience.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Due to COVID-19, there is an even greater demand for flexibility and change. Due to the pandemic, the expectation around work location for certain roles may be remote until a future date, determined by Delta Dental Management. Should the position you seek be determined by Delta Dental Management as “remote,” the position may require you to have access to remote internet in order to meet the expectations outlined in the job duties.
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. As an employee you’ll take part in our mission to become the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.