Senior AEM Developer
San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a highly effective senior developer to join our Application Development team. As a key member of the team, you will contribute to the overall technical strategy, implementation and delivery of tools and applications for the Sales, Marketing and Communication teams. You will contribute to the entire software development lifecycle including analysis, requirement specification, use cases, technical design, development and testing.
How you will make an impact:
- Apply your understanding of web standards, web technologies, WCM and Adobe AEM to the design and implementation of new projects and site re-designs.
- Build and support exceptional customer-facing products that provide innovative solutions to challenging business use cases.
- Design, develop and maintain responsive web applications providing peerless user experiences on desktop and mobile devices.
- Write high quality code with attention to scalability, security and performance.
- Adhere to standard marketing practices surrounding brand compliance and web accessibility.
- Collaborate closely with marketing leadership, product managers and creative team members to define, prioritize and scope business and functional requirements to drive results.
- Accurately scope technical effort, identifying risks, options and trade-offs.
- Work within the technical team to deliver high quality products and features.
- Participate in the ongoing monitoring and production health of deployed applications and services.
What we look for:
- 10-12 years of experience designing and developing secure consumer-facing web applications.
- 7-10 years of content management experience with recent Adobe AEM experience
- Minimum of 7 years Java and J2EE/JEE software development experience.
- Experience with one or more Java concepts and patterns including: JSP, Spring, Sling, JMS, Junit, AOP, MVC and Eclipse.
- Experience developing web services and application integrations.
- Experience with source code control systems: CVS, SVN and Git.
- Experience with developing and deploying applications on AWS or private cloud.
- Experience with full stack software development.
- Experience with Scrum, Agile Methodology.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- BS in computer science or equivalent technical field or equivalent work experience.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
As the first company to specialize in dental insurance, we are passionate about oral health and its importance to future generations. Our core purpose is the advancement of oral health care to our customers, partners and consumers through dental insurance programs and philanthropic efforts.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.