Director of Content
Delta Dental is looking for a strategic and creative editorial leader to build and manage our Content team and establish our enterprise-wide content strategy.
Delta Dental plays a critical role in the wellness of millions of families and the Content team defines how we communicate about benefits and health. Additionally, this position will help build the content marketing arm of the company from the ground up by managing and mentoring a team of writers in multiple locations, developing highly engaging content, and using feedback and analytics to optimize and plan for the future.
How you will make an impact:
- Establishes the enterprise-wide content strategy from ideation to execution to position Delta Dental as the leading oral wellness provider in the country and a trusted thought leader in the space
- Understands and stays current on market demands, trends in technology, competition, industry development
- Leads and inspires a team to develop and launch best-in-class content, ensuring effective execution across content channels
- Oversees a team of writers and partners closely with designers, video producers, and web developers to continuously improve the quality, reach and overall impact of our content
- Owns the storytelling function of the company by overseeing the video and digital content calendars, and sales enablement materials
- Earns trust and builds relationships across the whole company to gain a deep knowledge of priority projects and company initiatives
- Partners with other creative leadership team members to build a world-class creative team, both from a creative and operational standpoint
- Performs other duties as assigned
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field is required
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience required
- Minimum of 3 years management experience required
- Significant experience implementing search engine optimization (SEO) best practices
- Demonstrated ability to build structured content performance goals with video and blog content
- Demonstrated ability to mentor a team to achieve a high level of storytelling and craftsmanship by utilizing strong body of editorial work as a write or editor
- Possesses a high level of creative consistency, brand adherence and messaging excellence across every touchpoint
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
As the first company to specialize in dental insurance, we are passionate about oral health and its importance to future generations. Our core purpose is the advancement of oral health care to our customers, partners and consumers through dental insurance programs and philanthropic efforts.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.