Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with impressive technical skills and excellent communication and collaborative skills to help us build our Next Gen Identity and Access management Platform. Along with writing code, you will be responsible for designing a feature rich IAM platform, while working collaboratively with cross-functional team of product managers, enterprise architects, developers and Automation Engineers on our agile team. Create awesome customer experiences by building services that will be consumed by diverse clients.
How you will make an impact:
- Design, develop, test and maintain micro services to support our consumer facing applications.
- Write highest quality code with utmost attention to scalability, security and performance. Use TDD and participate in code-reviews with other software engineers.
What we look for:
- Minimum of BS degree in computer science or similar technology discipline with at least 4 years of experience with all phases of software development. You have been there and done it, multiple times. You have strong experience both in the IAM as well as Java development.
- Strong experience (3+ years) with IDM Engineering and building Access Management Platforms and Solutions.
- Good understanding of authentication, authorization, role-based access, least privilege and segregation of duties access control concepts.
- Hands-on implementation experience in areas such as Federation, SSO, LDAP/AD, SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect and MFA protocols.
- Strong experience with IAM suites such as CA Siteminder (preferred), Oracle Identity manager, etc.
- Strong experience with Multifactor Authentication and Federation such as CA Advanced Authentication (Strong/Risk Authentication), Ping Federate (preferred), Okta etc.
- Experience working with authentication and authorization databases for various applications.
- Strong experience in Java and Restful API Design and Development is a must.
- Strong experience in enterprise Java programming environment and frameworks, including J2EE, JDBC, Spring, Servlets & Struts
- Strong Experience with Scrum, Agile Process, Unit Testing using Test Driven Development. Knowledge of mocking frameworks like EasyMock, Mockito.
- Developed and deployed applications on AWS or private cloud.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Great business acumen with a passion to solve for the customer.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
As the first company to specialize in dental insurance, we are passionate about oral health and its importance to future generations. Our core purpose is the advancement of oral health care to our customers, partners and consumers through dental insurance programs and philanthropic efforts.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.