Oakland, CA /
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The Expert Scrum Master will be responsible for leading multiple agile teams, and more complex projects. The responsibilities will include Agile-based software development, Agile based module development, cross-functional communication, applying software development practices from requirements through delivery, teaching and coaching team members and product owners on applicable processes and tools for effective agile adoption.
How you will make an impact:
- Ensures the Scrum team is practicing the core SAFe agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, and team accountability to achieve Sprint goals and lead the team towards Agile maturity
- Implements program level transparency, metrics, and other data that instills accountability measures within the team and working with the Release Train Engineer
- Establishes themselves as a welcomed and trusted advisor on agile transformation to managers, scrum masters, product owners, developers, and other stakeholders
- Helps to identify and attack organizational impediments which limits team productivity, quality, and ability to implement continuous improvement
- Supports Product Owners with backlog maintenance, backlog prioritization, and user story refinement process to deliver the highest business value
- Facilitates Sprint planning, daily scrum, dependency reviews, demos to stakeholders, and retrospectives
- Uses Scrum of Scrums (SOS) forum and coordinates with other teams to manage cross-team dependencies
- Facilitates frequent retrospectives, sharing metrics to identify and implement improvements
- This list is not all-inclusive and you are expected to perform other duties as requested or assigned
What we look for:
- 4+ years of experience w/Bachelor’s degree
- A-CSM or SAFeSM or PSM-II
- Expert knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution
- Strong organizational skills to increase productivity and efficiency while managing multiple projects
- Understands software application development process steps (from design to delivery)
- Advanced understanding of various agile methodologies; SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, XP
- Ability to develop and use historical data to help the team learn and improve their process and practices
- Understands the role and function of Product ownership in an agile team
- Has skills and experience in teaching new Agile/Scrum concepts to the team
- Seeks the latest trends in process improvement
- Mastery of Lean-Agile Leadership
- Awareness of CI-CD and DevOps concepts and how it impacts software development and delivery
- Be an Agile champion and guide one or more teams in the adoption of Agile/Scrum/SAFe principles
- Advanced knowledge of, Jira, Confluence, and Jira Align, MS-Office Applications
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Due to COVID-19, there is an even greater demand for flexibility and change. Due to the pandemic, the expectation around work location for certain roles may be remote until a future date, determined by Delta Dental Management. Should the position you seek be determined by Delta Dental Management as “remote,” the position may require you to have access to remote internet in order to meet the expectations outlined in the job duties.
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so we’re all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.