Manager, Marketing & Segment Strategy
Alpharetta, GA /
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The Manager, Marketing and Segment Strategy is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of marketing strategies for the Enterprise’s Commercial segments to address product, pricing, and promotions. These strategies include: segment growth plan, go-to-market & launch strategy, product positioning and messaging, and thought leadership.
How you will make an impact:
- Directs the Marketing Segment Strategy functions to ensure program support of division and enterprise-wide goals and objectives with data-driven conclusions.
- Develops and executes marketing strategies that accelerate growth and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Tracks business results and market changes to drive initiatives that improve our SUI position.
- Supports development and execution of marketing strategies that accelerate growth and ensure customer satisfaction. Track business results and market changes in order to drive initiatives that improve our competitive position.
- Manages budget and expenses for marketing initiatives.
- Plans and maintains the budget and expenses for marketing initiatives.
- Provides strategic leadership in identifying new business opportunities and developing tactics for growth, such as new products, messaging, marketing, and sales distribution channels.
- Deploys best practice strategies to secure renewals with client satisfaction programming and upsell/cross sell opportunities.
- Directs marketing strategies for innovation and network programs focused on transforming health care with new products and services.
- Directs the development of a winning go-to-market strategy including developing the strategy, marketing content and tools for an impactful launch.
- Defines market demand, identifies attractive new market segments and business relationships to target and strategies to meet segment needs.
- Partners with marketing and cross-functional teams (such as Sales, Underwriting, Legal), building an understanding of the market, competitors and customer needs to develop marketing plans and implement initiatives to achieve sales and retention goals.
- Develops marketing communications for each segment including value proposition, proposals, content and collateral, digital messaging, and web development.
- Develops and clearly articulates differentiated and compelling value propositions for products that drive sales and marketing efforts; guide future offerings to further strengthen our value proposition and expand our market.
- Builds thought leadership positions in the market that differentiate offerings and reach target audiences through marketing content, programs, events, speaking engagements, etc.
- Develops and manages an annual operating plan and budget for each team/segment; identifies variances and takes corrective actions as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
What we look for:
- 8+ years w/Bachelor’s degree; 1+ years supervisory/management.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple resources, programs, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional role and influence the direction and focus of projects outside of your immediate reporting structure.
- Experience in building, executing and using data to improve marketing programs.
- Ability to effectively communicate strategy and results at multiple altitudes, from leadership to functional partners.
- Demonstrated experience optimizing and improving results with data and with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to direct staff and establish performance goals.
- Strong B2B marketing experience required.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills required.
- Strong initiative and demonstrated organizational planning and project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Extensive knowledge of marketing core concepts including content, channel and digital marketing.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums.
- 100% paid dental insurance.
- 100% paid vision insurance.
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive.
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills.
- Career growth: we love promoting from within!
- Strong commitment to work/life balance.
- Technology allowance.
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities.
Due to COVID-19, there is an even greater demand for flexibility and change. Due to the pandemic, the expectation around work location for certain roles may be remote until a future date, determined by Delta Dental Management. Should the position you seek be determined by Delta Dental Management as “remote,” the position may require you to have access to remote internet in order to meet the expectations outlined in the job duties.
Please note, Delta Dental will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so we’re all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.