Senior Billing and Reconciliation Specialist
Enrollment & Billing
In this role you will be responsible for selecting the appropriate billing setup and analyzing billings against payments received, which may include large complex cases. Responsibilities include resolving outstanding balances through review and analysis of documented findings, billing contract information and systems data, to ensure accurate and current accounts.
How you will make an impact:
- Reviewing billing contracts/plans to determine appropriate billing setup. This may include meetings with new client/contractor and Delta support functions.
- Performing billing and reconciliation activities identifying and documenting sources of variances and works with departments (and clients/contractors, if necessary) to determine resolutions. Follows-up to ensure that agreed upon resolutions are implemented.
- Resolving outstanding aging balances for accounts, using knowledge of business systems and their relationship to contract analysis, invoicing, and collection. Continuously follows-up including, but not limited to, elevation and escalation to management for those accounts that may move into the delinquent category.
- Establishing effective partnerships and working relationships with relevant internal departments (e.g., Sales, Eligibility, Accounting) to ensure timely and accurate invoicing and resolution of billing and reconciliation issues.
- Communicating with groups and brokers to resolve billing and reconciliation issues and concerns on an exception basis. Elevates issues that impact the department or enterprise to management on a timely basis.
- Preparing timely and accurate billing and reconciliation reports as required.
What we look for:
- High school diploma or GED, but candidates with proven experience will not be excluded from consideration.
- An Associate’s degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum of two years related experience.
- Strong analytical, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Detail oriented, flexible and creative.
- Ability to independently prioritize work and establish, understand and follow work rules and procedures, and take action to improve existing processes.
- Ability to confront difficult situations and make appropriate and timely decisions.
- PC literacy; MSOffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with strong excel skills; proficiency in InDesign preferred.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
As the first company to specialize in dental insurance, we are passionate about oral health and its importance to future generations. Our core purpose is the advancement of oral health care to our customers, partners and consumers through dental insurance programs and philanthropic efforts.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.