Senior UX Designer
The Senior UX Product Designer is a passionate designer with experience working with complex systems and a big picture mind set yet detailed design discipline. The Senior Product Designer will work with product managers, developers and other designers to explore new experiences, concepts and feature for delivery to Delta Dental customers.
How you will make an impact:
- Quickly visualizes and prototypes ideas to communicate concepts.
- Constructs beautiful, functional interface designs and interactions that work across the cloud service and various platforms – mobile, desktop and web.
- Identifies user experience goals, priorities, and deliverables that align with product milestones.
- Engages with multiple stakeholders, including product managers, engineers, and other designers to bring concepts to reality at every stage of development.
- Leads and supports development teams throughout the production and implementation cycle.
- Coordinates multiple projects from concept to completion.
- Participates in peer design critiques to give and receive critique.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in HCI, Design, or a related field.
- Minimum 6-9 years visual, UX, and/or product design experience.
- Holistic and human centered approach to product and service design, from research and insight generation to concept to deliverable.
- Entrepreneurial, experimental and self-driven while also being collaborative, with a professional presence.
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Interaction and Visual design skills, including use of a diverse set of software such as Adobe CS, Sketch, OmniGraffle, as well as good experience with MS Office.
- Excellent knowledge of rapid prototyping tools such as Sketch, Axure, Invision or Flinto.
- Excellent user experience design skills.
- A strong sense of visual design including composition, color and typography.
- Excellent production skills – ability to design and generate pixel accurate assets.
- Experience conducting user research including in-person user testing.
- Ability to bring together complex requirements, legal, and regulatory constraints to design an elegant solution.
- Experience with iterative, user focused, design principals. Experience working with developers to bring their designs to life. Experience with modular component based design systems.
- Experience working with strict brand guidelines and standards.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to function, adapt and succeed in a constantly changing, fast paced environment.
- Positive attitude and motivation to deliver highest quality work.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
As the first company to specialize in dental insurance, we are passionate about oral health and its importance to future generations. Our core purpose is the advancement of oral health care to our customers, partners and consumers through dental insurance programs and philanthropic efforts.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.