Part-Time Customer Service Representative
Direct to Consumer
We are customer obsessed at Delta Dental and highly value strong customer support representatives. In this Customer Service Representative position, you will have the opportunity to make a difference at the front lines of our operation as you handle inquiries efficiently and accurately in a timely manner.
You are the company’s primary point of communication to customers. Responsibilities will include: Researching and responding to customer telephone, electronic or written inquiries and providing excellent service to customers with information regarding basic eligibility, benefits and claims status with emphasis on customer retention.
How you will make an impact:
- Respond to complex telephone, electronic, written inquiries from dental or vision professionals, groups, subscribers and brokers.
- Expediently access reference materials to analyze and determine appropriate responses to telephone, electronic and written inquires.
- Communicate eligibility, benefits and claims status, policies and procedures.
- Document each customer encounter and resolution in the appropriate computer tracking system and adjusts claims as necessary based upon findings.
- Identify, report and document system discrepancies.
- Accurately complete online, hard copy forms and route to the appropriate department.
- Meet and maintain production standards, counts and inquiry response turnaround times and reprocesses claims, as appropriate.
- Use contact tracking functions to follow-up on open calls to ensure issues are resolved within standards.
- Participate in training programs and provides support to other departments, as directed.
What we look for:
- We’d prefer someone with high school diploma, GED, or above, but candidates with proven experience will not be excluded from consideration
- A minimum of 2 years of successful customer service work experience within a call center or related heavy customer contact experience and 9 months successful work experience as a level 1 representative an Enterprise Contact Center.
- PC literacy required; MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Regularly required to work standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy and fax machine etc).
- If you've ever called a customer support line yourself, you know that attitude is a make it or break it!
- We want someone who will be warm and empathetic with customers and diligently seek accurate answers to their questions.
- Dental assisting certificate, 2 years dental office or dental lab experience, 1 year contact center experience in a dental insurance environment or 1 year dental claims adjudication experience preferred.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
As the first company to specialize in dental insurance, we are passionate about oral health and its importance to future generations. Our core purpose is the advancement of oral health care to our customers, partners and consumers through dental insurance programs and philanthropic efforts.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.