Lead Cybersecurity Solutions Engineer
Rancho Cordova, CA
This position is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of enterprise information security solutions (such as authentication and authorization, public key infrastructure, data loss prevention, and security event information management) to address the current and emerging security needs of the business. This role requires the proactive identification and solution of some of the most complex enterprise-scale information security problems. The Lead Cybersecurity Solutions Engineer researches, designs, and develops new technologies, architectures, and security products that will support security requirements for the enterprise and its customers, business partners, and vendors. The person in this role will contribute to the development and execution of strategic information security architecture to enable effective business operations, manage enterprise risk, and address business or regulatory issues. In addition to being an individual contributor, the Lead Cybersecurity Solutions Engineer contributes to the development and maintenance of information security strategy and architecture by analyzing business impact and exposure and working with other IT Architects and security specialists to ensure adequate security solutions are in place throughout all IT systems and platforms to mitigate identified risks sufficiently, and to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements. The candidate should have a breadth of technical experience and some leadership / client service expertise as the role requires the constant communication and customer interfacing.
How you will make an impact:
- Design, build, and lead a team that ensures the security of enterprise data and systems by developing enterprise information security solutions.
- Create and update a view of IT assets, related attack surfaces, and threat actors to illustrate the flow of data and associated security threats.
- Researches, designs, and develops new enterprise technologies, architectures, and security products that will support security requirements for the enterprise and its customers, business partners, and vendors.
- Serves as a security expert in application development, database design, network, and/or platform (operating system) efforts, helping project teams comply with enterprise and IT security policies, industry regulations, and best practices.
- Analyzes business impact and exposure based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks and contributes to the development and maintenance of information security strategy and architecture.
- Engages with security specialists, enterprise architects and other functional area architects to ensure adequate enterprise security solutions are in place to sufficiently mitigate identified risks, and to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Serve as a cybersecurity subject matter expert, assessing the business impact of cybersecurity risks to the enterprise and identifying options and recommendations for mitigating those risks.
- Work with Enterprise Architects and other functional area architects and security specialists to ensure adequate security solutions are in place throughout all IT systems and platforms to mitigate identified risks sufficiently and support business objectives.
- Serve as an expert in platform, application, storage, network, virtualization, cloud and mobile security best practices.
- Exercise thought leadership in the creation and maintenance of security architectures.
- Lead all resource planning, engagement management, and service development/improvement initiatives for this area.
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with co-workers, management, internal and external customers and partners.
- Communicate cybersecurity risks and solutions to various technical and non-technical audiences and levels of management.
- Maintain communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested.
- Develop strong working relationships with and offer continuous assistance and thought leadership to other leaders in the information technology organization.
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers and business partners in the information security industry. As needed, draft and negotiate professional services contracts, statements of work, and technology acquisition & support agreements.
- Continuously track and report the status of all development efforts through boardroom-quality visual communication deliverables.
- Educate, coach, and mentor all members of the team on technical, interpersonal, team dynamics, company policy & procedure, enterprise business model and other topics.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of company business.
- Comply with HIPAA, Diversity Principles, Corporate Integrity, Compliance Program policies and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
What we look for:
- A strong, complete, and working understanding of architecture-level information security and appropriate use enforcement technology solutions including advanced malware detection/prevention, mobile device virtualization/MDM, cloud security management, structured and unstructured database encryption, mobile application and remote API security, fine-grained application authorization and access control, security event visualization, big data user and entity behavior analytics, active adversary deception, and others.
- A strong working understanding of contemporary security theory and application (including vulnerabilities, exploitation techniques and attack vectors).
- Strong understanding of systems development lifecycle to lead multifunctional projects or initiatives.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and standards relevant to the US Healthcare industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including technical writing, documentation development, process mapping, and visualization).Must be able to effectively communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Externally recognized information security industry thought leadership and innovation accomplishments desired but not required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or equivalent work experience).
- A widely-recognized technical certification such as GIAC or CISSP is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of combined hands-on IT and security architecture development and implementation work experience with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multi-platform environments. Requires expert knowledge of security principles, issues, techniques and implications across all existing computer platforms.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in information security solution engineering or security service delivery.
- Minimum 2 years of leadership experience with planning and managing security implementations and/or leading a team of technical resources.This role will require the management of several (2 to 4) concurrent large-scale enterprise wide information technology capability development projects.
- Minimum of 2 years of systems or application monitoring and logging experience.
- Experience with SPLUNK is highly recommended.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Technology allowance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT Delta Dental
As the first company to specialize in dental insurance, we are passionate about oral health and its importance to future generations. Our core purpose is the advancement of oral health care to our customers, partners and consumers through dental insurance programs and philanthropic efforts.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.