SAF/AQE - Policy Analyst (Senior)
Washington, DC /
USAF – STAQSS /
Full Time - Exempt
Delta Solutions and Strategies is seeking a Policy Analyst (Senior) to potentially join our team in Washington DC. This position supports SAF/AQE which provides executive support and independent recommendations on key acquisition issues that cut across all SAF/AQ organizations (including the General Counsel of the Department of the Air Force, Acquisition, Technology, & Logistics Division (SAF/GCQ)) for direct use by the assistant secretary and military deputy.
This position provides support to all three SAF/AQ Principals.
***This position is contingent upon contract award and is expected to begin July 2023***
What you'll be doing:
- Typically works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently. May oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job
- Provide senior-level, trusted communication counsel and advice to the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, military deputy to the Directorate of Acquisition and its senior leaders.
- Develop an integrated Strategic Communication Plan and Communication Engagement strategy that promotes public confidence, advocacy, and support to the Air Force’s ability to meet warfighter requirements effectively, efficiently, and within cost and schedule parameters.
- Enhance stakeholder relationships with DoD, Congress, media, industry, public and interest groups
- Design comprehensive outreach programs with DoD, SAF/LL, SAF/PA, and other AF directorates to generate public understanding of and support for AF acquisition programs using social media, traditional news media, community engagement, think tanks, academia, and industry
- Recommend and design strategies and methods to increase SAF’s ability to effectively communicate DAF acquisition efforts to OSD, other Services, Congress, industry, and the public
- Promote more effective communications between the headquarters, program executive officers, designated Acquisition Officials, and program managers
- Develop metrics, track performance, periodically report performance metrics, and makes/implements improvement recommendations
- Deliver expert communication plans and engagement strategies to senior leaders to enhance stakeholder relationships with DoD, Congress, media, industry, public and interest groups
- Analyze and evaluate acquisition policy to develop strategic communications plans for the Air Force acquisition programs. Recommends policy changes to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of acquisition business processes.
- Write, coordinate, and proof speeches, public affairs guidance, and documents for SAF/AQ leadership
- Provide recommendations to assist the SAE with Congressional and media subject matter responses to ensure the Air Force delivers accurate and creditable information to avoid unintended communication consequences that affect acquisition programs and public Opinion
- Develop and track performance, periodically reports performance metrics, and makes/implements improvement recommendations.
- Review and provide recommendations on existing and proposed client mission area policy
- Provide leadership in coordinating actions through strategic partners in government outreach by provide analysis of emerging or existing highly complex legislative public policy issues impacting the client program
- Gather intelligence and prepare position papers, policy briefings, presentations, and legislative testimony for pending legislative actions
- Consult with management in the development and design of plans for government outreach by provide analysis of emerging or existing highly complex legislative public policy issues impacting the client program
What you'll need:
- MA/MS; 12 years relevant work experience may be substituted for a MA/MS degree. BA/BS degree plus 8 years relevant work experience may be substituted for a MA/MS degree.
- Years of experience: >10
- Public Affairs experience desirable
- Secret Security Clearance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items. EEO/AAP, M, F, V, D