SAF/AQ MELA - Acquisition Systems Analyst (Senior)
Washington, DC /
USAF – STAQSS /
Full Time - Exempt
Delta Solutions and Strategies is seeking an Acquisition Systems Analyst (Senior) to potentially join our team in Washington DC. This position supports SAF/AQ - Munitions Export License Application (MELA) office which manages Air Force acquisition munitions export applications and applicable regulatory information to facilitate/support reviews and recommendations on the control of critical technology. The office also helps to develop export policies that meet all the US and International laws and treaties.
***This position is contingent upon contract award and is expected to begin July 2023***
What you'll be doing:
- Typically works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently. May oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job
- Analyze and assess potential export agreements to prevent international transfer of U.S. military technology when such transfer is not in the best interests of the U.S.
- Analyze and summarize arms control treaties and activities
- Maintain current information on U.S. and international policies, treaties, laws, etc., on the control of missile technology and related weapon delivery systems
- Develop and maintain a database of Air Force acquisition munitions export applications and applicable regulatory information to facilitate/support reviews and recommendations
- Research, analyze, and provide draft recommendations on each MELA case and conduct export-related issue and policy studies
- Recommend export policies and actions that enhance the security of Air Force weapons systems
- Review, analyze, and provide recommendations on international technology transfer issues and policy to include such specialized topics as manufacturing technology, industrial espionage, country-to-country agreements, and national security
- Monitor and report on foreign disclosure limitations and FMS/NATO-related issues
- Research and evaluate issues related to ITAR and FMS
What you'll need:
- MA/MS; 12 years relevant work experience may be substituted for a MA/MS degree. BA/BS degree plus 8 years relevant work experience may be substituted for a MA/MS degree.
- Years of experience: >10
- This position requires a strong understanding of ITAR
- Secret Security Clearance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items. EEO/AAP, M, F, V, D