PA Media Operations SME
Peterson AFB, CO /
UCAAS – USSPACECOM /
Full Time - Exempt
Delta Solutions and Strategies is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Social Media Outreach Subject Matter Expert and writer to join a high-performing team and provide support to the US Space Command (USSPACECOM) Public Affairs Office. In this role, you will support USSPACECOM Public Affairs as a social media and outreach expert, providing professional, high-quality content and expertly manage the command’s social media communication platforms. Content includes visual or written material to attract the maximum number of viewers/followers possible.
What you will be doing:
- Create professional, high-quality content as required in support of the social media communication platforms and command’s official website.
- Identify changes/updates needed to social media to keep the command’s public web presence current and relevant.
- Write, produce, add, delete, or edit visual and written material on the command’s social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Monitor all DoD and major news social media platforms daily to keep PA leadership abreast of breaking news and timely mention of USSPACECOM and its leadership.
- Write articles and captions for visual information products (e.g., photos, graphics) in addition to developing relevant social media posts 7 days a week (weekend posts can be scheduled in advance.).
What you will need:
- Experience with using a spectrum of social media tools and techniques.
- Understanding how to pull social media analytics, as well as make recommendations for additional analytic tools, providing analysis on related topics to senior leaders.
- Awareness of current trends on social media platforms and how to develop overarching strategies to target each platforms’ audiences to effectively communicate to and grow the audiences.
- Expert level grasp of Associated Press (AP) style and be able to edit content for all USSPACECOM online platforms.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with senior military and Government Civilian leaders.
- Ability to multi-task competing priorities, deliver content quickly, and pay strict attention to detail.
- Ability to be a highly flexible self-starter capable of operating in a high-ops tempo environment in quick-turn (less than one hour) time-management conditions.
- Possess excellent research, organizational, interpersonal, relationship building, analysis, and data gathering skills.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with 3-10 years of experience in Public Affairs related career field desired. 5+ years of relevant experience and/or certifications may be traded for degree requirements.
- Familiarity with military operations in the space domain, including key space operations concepts and acronyms is desired.
- TS/SCI clearance preferred, can start with Secret with the requirement to be upgraded to TS/SCI
Delta Solutions & Strategies offers a generous benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this position is $95,000-$115,000. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Delta Solutions & Strategies considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items. EEO/AAP, M, F, V, D