SAF/AQP - Acquisition Program Analyst (Fighter Modernization) (SME)
USAF – STAQSS /
Full Time - Exempt
Delta Solutions and Strategies is seeking an Acquisition Program Analyst (Fighter Modernization) (SME) to potentially join our team in Washington DC. This position supports SAF/AQP which directs, plans, and programs for development, procurement, and product support of $10B portfolio of global power programs. The portfolio includes legacy fighters, fifth-generation aircraft, as well as sixth-generation aircraft programs.
This position directly supports Headquarters-level actions regarding the Air Superiority 2030 implementation and modernization of the Combat Air Forces (CAF) fighter force structure to provide continuity, operational experience, and technical expertise for force structure implementation.
***This position is contingent upon contract award and is expected to begin January 2024***
What you'll be doing:
- Provides strategic advice, technical guidance and expertise to program and project staff; Provides detailed analysis, evaluation and recommendations for improvements, optimization development, and/or maintenance efforts for client-specific or mission critical challenges/issues; Consults with client to define need or problem supervises studies and leads surveys to collect and analyze data to provide advice and recommend solutions
What you'll need:
- No educational requirements
- SMEs do not have specific experience/education qualifications but are typically identified as recognized Industry leaders for a given area of expertise.
- 5+ years’ experience working on Air Force fighter programs, with participation in technology development, requirements, acquisition, or test programs
- At least 5 years’ experience working on or directly supporting advanced technology efforts involving the integration of new capabilities into combat platforms
- Extensive knowledge of the Air Force requirements development process
- Demonstrated experience collaborating decisions across multiple and diverse stakeholders to meet a common and challenging technical objective, particularly objectives that address current and emerging threats
- Strong background on the process for transitioning a technology from the lab environment to an executing program
- TS/SCI Security Clearance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items. EEO/AAP, M, F, V, D