Computer Operator/Database Manager
Malmstrom AFB, MT
Operations & Maintenance Programs – TOLMDS /
Full Time - Nonexempt
Delta Solutions & Strategies is seeking an Integrated Maintenance Data System (IMDS) Computer Operator (Data Base Manager) to join our team at Malmstrom AFB.
Database Manager completes the WAH for both ELCs each month. DBM runs a Resync of aircraft data for the month prior for the helicopter squadron. DBM runs three failure data reports and sends to the contractor monitoring failure data for the weapon system. DBMs run a validation report for IMDS – SBSS comparison each month to identify errors that exist between the two systems. DBM updates wing slide data as requested by the customer. The DBM prepares, updates and distributes the data required for DIT (Data Integrity Team) meeting PowerPoint slides, the DIT monitor sign-in and publishing the minutes required after the conclusion of the monthly DIT meeting. The DBM maintains the DIT appointment letters provided by the customer to identify the person in their shop that is the liaison for the team. DBM also manages the monthly meetings with every member of the DIT team, sharing issues encountered and how to alleviate discussed issues. DBM also checks REMIS errors and ensures the group is processing the transactions as they should. DBM uploads new workorder errors and debriefed workorders on share point as time allows per direction of AFGSC.
What you'll be doing:
- Utilizing all current applicable guidance when processing data from the assigned databases; be familiar with Transition Interface Processing (TIP) and DEMAND processing procedures as defined in Unisys Processing (UP) Series, Major Command (MAJCOM) implementing instructions and all AFCSM 21- series manuals; knowledgeable of the functions of the Communication Focal Point (CFP), Defense Enterprise Computing Center (DECC), Field Assistance Service (FAS); and coordination with all of the above to resolve user/system issues; be able to interface with current automated data systems mainframes and be able to transfer files between them.
- Interpret/use applicable IMDS database schemas/sub-schemas. Knowledge of IMDS subsystems as described in applicable volumes of AFCSM 21-series manuals. Assist customers/ monitors with technical problems concerning IMDS and monitor status of the resolution of problems. Monitor Interactive Communications Interface (ICI) between IMDS and Integrated Logistics Systems – Supply (ILS-S) interface on daily basis and initiate/reinitiate IMDS interface as needed.
- Read special instructions sent by authorized outside agencies, inform customers of their effect, maintain a record of customers notified and assist customers in submitting/evaluating system documentation.
- Coordinate with all local unit analysis sections to ensure access with appropriate capabilities to the database and notify customers of scheduled system downtime.
- Ensure users are validated by reviewing and maintaining a DD Form 2875. Set up initial profile when issuing user IDs. Perform password resets as required.
- Act as the Lead Office of Primary Responsibility (OPR) for DIT IAW AFI 21-202V1 and AFI 21- 202V1_AFGSCUP. Review the MDC for accuracy of inputs and compliance. Build, modify, run, and maintain Generic Runstream (GENRUN) products.
- Resolve problems concerning REMIS and develop a computer-based training program for IMDS.
- Train users prior to assigning them an IMDS user ID. Initiate user IDs and coordinate with Unit IAO to active users in SIMAN.
What you'll need:
- Knowledge of guidance in AF Technical Data requirements and processes.
- Knowledge of eTools systems.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle on a government installation, as travel from one workplace to another is required.
- Ability to obtain an interim Secret Security Clearance.
- Requires at least a high school diploma.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items. EEO/AAP, M, F, V, D