Professional Services – USSOUTHCOM /
Full Time - Exempt /
Delta Solutions and Strategies is looking for a Acquisition Analyst Specialist in Doral, FL. The Acquisition Analyst Specialist will provide the services necessary to support USSOUTHCOM's chartered mission to: (a) develop, acquire, evaluate, and initialize Counter Narcotics Threat (CNT) technology solutions for operational and tactical customers; (b) assist to execute funding; (c) provide support and services for the effective management, operation, and oversight of CNT activities.
Position is located at USSOUTHCOM Doral, Florida.
What you will be doing:
- Provide the services necessary to support USSOUTHCOM CN Acquisition Department's (SCJ85's) chartered mission to develop, acquire, evaluate, and initialize CNT technology solutions for operational and tactical customers and execute funding and provide contract management to meet the CNT acquisition requirements of the Combatant Command.
- Provide support to USSOUTHCOM's counternarcotics program to include development, acquisition, and deployment of counternarcotics requirements within the region. While performance of this effort shall not require inherently governmental services, it may include services that are closely associated with inherently governmental functions as defined in Section 804 of the FY 2005 National Defense Authorizations Act.
- Assist with development and execution of approved acquisition strategies for equipment and services to meet USSOUTHCOM's CN operations across the USSOUTHCOM Area of Responsibility. The office is divided by regions within Latin America (CENTAM & CARIB and South America); assist USSOTUHCOM in developing acquisition strategies to meet all detection and monitoring and law enforcement requirements in equipment, infrastructure, training, and operational sustainment; assist USSOUTHCOM in managing of both U.S. Military-provided services and contracted support under numerous types of contract vehicles; provide recommendations on prioritization of requirements and selection/sourcing of acquisition strategies judged to optimally meet those requirements within a fiscally constrained environment.
- Support Subtasks include but are not limited to:
- Develop and shaping of contract Scopes of Work, Brand Name Justifications, Request for CN Support request, Delivery Order Requirements, and similar documents to provide for procurement of material solutions and support services to guarantee long-term maintenance and sustainment of those CN capabilities.
- Evaluate and provide recommendation regarding acquisition strategies, with respect to projected long-term cost: benefit ratio and efficacy in realizing J85 strategy envisioned to satisfy identified CN requirements.
- Assist with oversight of awarded contract logistics with several awarding agencies and awardees under numerous types of contract vehicles (contract modifications, delivery date and address coordination, export compliance, end-of-month deliverables review and feedback).
- Coordinate with other agencies, staffs, and Security Cooperation Offices (SCOs) to: Keep all appraised of latest J85 acquisition initiatives and relevant contract vehicles o Ensure successful implementation and sustainment of executed acquisition strategies to meet USSOUTHCOM's detection and monitoring mission; recommend innovated solutions to meet highly-dynamic, ever-changing acquisition support requests; evaluate bona-fide need to provide acquisition support, and shape tailor-made strategies to provide the material solutions desired.
- Assist the Government in developing CN Fiscal Year Defense Program (FYDP) budgeting plans to include annual spending plans, congressional budget reporting documents such as FYDP CN Program Objective Memorandums, Appropriation Summary of Price/Program Growth, and Budget Estimate Submissions, etc.
- Conduct daily, iterative tracking of progress against spend plans and re-evaluation, re- prioritization, and re-tooling of programmed acquisition within fiscal constraints
- Coordinate USG inter-agency actions with SCJ8 plans and programs to ensure programs are synchronized to prevent duplication of efforts.
What you will need:
- TS/SCI clearance is required.
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- Five (5) years' experience in Joint/Combined operations, DoD operational planning experience, operational knowledge of aerial and maritime interdiction programs, and comprehensive knowledge of DoD/Federal agency CN/CIT programs and operations.
- Familiarity with Inter-Agency (IA) coordination, bi-lateral cooperation agreements, and USSOUTHCOM AOR experience preferred.
- Spanish language proficiency desired.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items. EEO/AAP, M, F, V, D