Senior Database Administrator
MacDill AFB, FL /
Professional Services – USSOCOM J8-S /
Full Time - Exempt
Delta Solutions & Strategies is seeking a Senior Database Administrator at HQ USSOCOM, MacDill AFB, Florida. The United States Special Operation Command (USSOCOM) Force Structure, Requirements, Resources and Strategic Assessments Directorate (J8) Strategic Planning and Analysis Division (J8-S) requires analytical support for a wide range of analytical products in support of USSOCOM directorates, centers, component commands and Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs). The mission of the USSOCOM J8-S is to provide senior leadership independent analysis and studies involving current and future Special Operations Force (SOF) requirements, inform J8 decisions in development of the USSOCOM Program Objective Memorandum (POM), and inform and collaborate with Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) in developing various analytic products and guidance. Additionally, the division plays a key role providing reliable analytic tools and products enabling the Command's senior leaders to make informed and defendable resourcing decisions.
The purpose of this contract is to provide the J8-S with high quality, defendable technical and analytical support in employing analytical models and tools with a wide array of areas such as software development, operation and maintenance of Government classified stand-alone local area networks and development and maintenance of classified databases, Operations Research Systems Analysis (ORSA), and Global Special Operations Synchronization (GSOS).
What you will be doing:
- Perform duties as Baseline and Privileged Use Certified Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, DOD Instruction 8140.01, USSOCOM Manual 380-3, and the SIEOPORD.
- Facilitate the readiness and availability of all database repositories by providing administrative and engineering database support technical services.
- Setup and create databases, maintain database services online, implement backup/recovery methodologies, add or remove users, and maintain security permissions.
- Responsible for database software installation on servers, update software patches and release upgrades
- Install and configure client database software on workstations.
- Conduct testing and deep scan health reports on all database instances, preventative maintenance
- Maintain database monitoring, identify, avoid, resolve database integrity or bottleneck issues.
- Analyze, critique, rewrite performance Standard Query Language (SQL) procedures (SQL analysis and tuning) Assist software development team regarding SQL procedures
- Author, test, and maintain database internal stored procedures (PSQL)
- Database tuning, performance optimization and data realignments
- Database engineering design and planning consistent with software development life-cycle
- Hardware and software administration of database platform equipment
What you will need:
- 5 years of experience providing advanced Database and Application server administration support to a mission production environment and development. Experience may include but is not limited to:
- Database and Application server troubleshooting, installation, upgrade, performance tuning, development support, scripting and producing documentation.
- Experience as DBA in a Windows and/or Linux OS environment using RDBMS (required) and/or NOSQL/Non-relational databases
- Familiarity or background in software development using mainstream programming or scripting languages
- 3 years of experience (can be concurrent with the 7 years above) in database development, maintenance/support, and query support for software developers; to include writing stored procedures and triggers
- Baseline and Privileged Use Certified Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level I; IAT Level II must be obtained within 6 months of start date
- Active Secret Clearance required upgradable to Top Secret within 4 months and eligible for SCI access and ACCM read-in.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items. EEO/AAP, M, F, V, D