SAF/AQH - Acquisition Workforce Program Analyst (Senior)
Washington, DC /
USAF – STAQSS /
Full Time - Exempt
Delta Solutions and Strategies is seeking a Force Development (S&E) Manager (SME) to potentially join our team in Washington DC. This position supports SAF/AQH which is the Air Force focal point for integrated management of the acquisition workforce across all functional areas. Responsible for leading the Acquisition Professional Development Program, including implementing programs and policies, develops, reviews, and coordinates policy and strategic plans for the Air Force acquisition workforce.
This position supports overarching acquisition workforce management as well as career field management for scientists, development engineers and program managers.
***This position is contingent upon contract award and is expected to begin July 2023***
What you'll be doing:
- Typically works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently. May oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job
- Assist in human capital strategic planning for the Air Force acquisition workforce
- Provide expertise on workforce management issues
- Provide workforce analysis to ensure retention and development of competent and skilled professionals in acquisition positions and supporting technological areas
- Make recommendations on establishment of workforce goals, hiring objectives, and the formulation of program direction
- Review and provide data to assist in preparation for legislative hearings, briefing packages and read-aheads, Congressional staffer visits, and other events to ensure an integrated and consistent Air Force position in response to Congressional questions, issues, and requests for information on assigned program/portfolio
- Analyze acquisition workforce statutes, draft legislation, and policy and develops recommendations in coordination with Army, Navy, and DoD offices engaged in acquisition career management policy development and guidance
- Develop and implement acquisition workforce briefings for MAJCOM, Air Staff, and other component personnel.
- Provide briefings to ensure maintenance of support for proactive workforce management practices and policies
- Develop policies for effective use of acquisition workforce development funds including tracking, distribution, and management of funding allocations
- Monitor use of funds within the DoD components and develop creative policies to ensure the consistent and future-oriented development of the workforce
What you'll need:
- MA/MS; 12 years relevant work experience may be substituted for a MA/MS degree. BA/BS degree plus 8 years relevant work experience may be substituted for a MA/MS degree.
- Years of experience: >10
- Four years of experience working on workforce management, training, or career field management
- Deep familiarity with the Air Force acquisition workforce, and a firm understanding of the AF acquisition organizations, and functional career field force development
- Secret Security Clearance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items. EEO/AAP, M, F, V, D