SAF/AQH - Force Development (S&E) Manager (SME)
Washington, DC /
USAF – STAQSS /
Full Time - Exempt
Delta Solutions and Strategies is seeking a Force Development (S&E) Manager (SME) to potentially join our team in Washington DC. This position supports SAF/AQH which is the Air Force focal point for integrated management of the acquisition workforce across all functional areas. Responsible for leading the Acquisition Professional Development Program, including implementing programs and policies, develops, reviews, and coordinates policy and strategic plans for the Air Force acquisition workforce.
This position supports overarching acquisition workforce management as well as career field management for scientists, development engineers and program managers.
***This position is contingent upon contract award and is expected to begin July 2023***
What you'll be doing:
- Provides strategic advice, technical guidance and expertise to program and project staff; Provides detailed analysis, evaluation and recommendations for improvements, optimization development, and/or maintenance efforts for client-specific or mission critical challenges/issues; Consults with client to define need or problem supervises studies and leads surveys to collect and analyze data to provide advice and recommend solutions
- Review and recommend policies and guidelines for the effective recruitment, retention, development, and sustainment of the Scientific, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) workforce in support of acquisition and technology development
- Propose creative and innovative HR management practices supporting the current and future technological requirements of Air Force acquisition and sustainment programs
- Support the Air Force career field management and force development processes for the civilian and officer program management, scientist, and engineer career fields
- Develop strategies and approaches for encouraging continuous learning and career development approaches that engage members of the workforce in processes designed to ensure the development of future leaders in the career areas
- Solicit and defend requirements for advanced academic degrees in the sciences
What you'll need:
- No educational requirements
- SMEs do not have specific experience/education qualifications but are typically identified as recognized Industry leaders for a given area of expertise.
- 20+ years’ experience working Government Civilian personnel management with at least four of those years working on or directly supporting Civilian workforce personnel policy
- Extensive knowledge of the DoD HR policies and procedures
- Demonstrated experience collaborating decisions across multiple and diverse stakeholders to meet common and challenging technical objectives
- Secret Security Clearance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items. EEO/AAP, M, F, V, D