SAF/AQE - Administrative Specialist (Journeyman)
Washington, DC /
USAF – STAQSS /
Full Time - Exempt
Delta Solutions and Strategies is seeking an Administrative Specialist (Journeyman) to potentially join our team in Washington DC. This position supports SAF/AQE which provides executive support and independent recommendations on key acquisition issues that cut across all SAF/AQ organizations (including the General Counsel of the Department of the Air Force, Acquisition, Technology, & Logistics Division (SAF/GCQ)) for direct use by the assistant secretary and military deputy.
What you'll be doing:
- Typically performs all functional duties independently
- Perform administrative duties such as maintaining GO/SES calendars, managing travel arrangements, and assisting in voucher processing, setting up and maintaining file plans, maintaining records, and executing government administrative policies, greeting visitors, and answering phones.
- Receive and distribute mail, manage correspondence, and action item tasking and tracking including monitoring deadlines and reviewing correspondence for correctness
- Support the leadership of high visibility/high pressure front office
- Manage calendar and all travel for SAF/AQ front office; to include processing travel reservations, authorizations, and vouchers i.e., DTS
- Manage all Protocol-related activities
- Initiate high-level meetings of senior members and General Officers.
- Receive and screen visitors and phone calls.
- Install administrative procedures that affect subordinate units
- Independently review outgoing correspondence and ensuring handling requirements for Secret materials are accurately followed
- Collaborate with Military Assistant to resolve process bottlenecks and backlogs
- Assist actions officers in executing conference preparation to include weekly high level VTCs
What you'll need:
- BA/BS; 6 years relevant work experience may be substituted for a BA/BS degree. Associate degree plus 4 years relevant work experience may be substituted for a BA/BS degree.
- Years of experience: 3-10
- Secret Security Clearance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items. EEO/AAP, M, F, V, D