Space Operations Instructor (Senior)
United States Air Force Academy
Professional Services – USAFA /
Full Time - Exempt
Delta Solutions & Strategies is seeking a Space Operations Instructor (Senior) in support of the USAF Academy’s Azimuth summer research program. Azimuth is a unique summer program for USAF Academy cadets as well as Navy and Army cadets, and ROTC students considering a commission in the US Space Force. Azimuth is a three-week joint undergraduate nationwide space education and training program. Azimuth’s overall goal is to inspire men and women to become officers of character, motivated to lead in the Space Force; and to help prepare our future Guardians for to prevail in competition and conflict through innovative education, training, doctrine, and test.
What you'll be doing:
- Assist with designing, developing, implementing and maintaining lessons plans and materials within USAFA Instructional Systems Development (ISD) guidelines to satisfy Azimuth program requirements.
- Qualify and deliver classroom instruction as assigned consistent with ISD principles and USAFA Instructions to satisfy USAFA delivery requirements.
- Instruct lessons in support of Azimuth program requirements.
- Interface with internal and external agencies and customers as required to maintain up-to-date education program materials.
What you'll need:
- 20 Years of Military Experience.
- 8 years’ experience in Space Systems Operations or 1C6 career field.
- 2 years with DoD training/education, including planning and delivering instruction in accordance with the ISD model.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
- Active DoD Secret Clearance.
- Completion of Air Force Instructor Course or equivalent Joint Service or Civilian course degree highly desired.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this position is $120,000-$140,000. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Delta Solutions & Strategies considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items. EEO/AAP, M, F, V, D