SAF/AQX - Administrative Specialist (Journeyman)
Washington, DC /
USAF – STAQSS /
Full Time - Exempt
Delta Solutions and Strategies is seeking an Administrative Specialist (Journeyman) to potentially join our team in Washington DC. This position supports SAF/AQX which provides expert advice and integrated acquisition positions to the Service Acquisition Executive (SAE), AF leadership, PEOs and Program Managers (PMs) on planning, programming, budgeting, execution, and acquisition oversight/reporting for AF acquisition programs. Serves as the SAF/AQ focal point for urgent needs, requirements, program integration, Earned Value Management, affordability, business tool, policy, and acquisition reform initiatives.
This position provides office administrative support for over 30 SAF/AQX staff members (Government civilians and contractors).
***This position is contingent upon contract award and is expected to begin July 2023***
What you'll be doing:
- Typically performs all functional duties independently
- Perform administrative duties, such as directorate and lead calendars and phone lists, executing government administrative policies, greeting visitors, and answering phones
- Assist in coordinating relationships with stakeholders at all levels for the directorate
- Regularly interface with OSD, the other military deputies, and Fourth Estate
- Setup and maintain required records and directorate file plan/records management, create, edit, and maintain SharePoint databases as well as maintain MS-TEAMs channels, online data management and data access
- Assist as needed in the facilitation of directorate hiring as well as onboarding of personnel to the directorate
- Manage, monitor, and track action item taskings, including responding to task inquiries, monitoring suspense dates, and reviewing responses for correctness in the AF TMT
- Engage members and external stakeholders on travel-related items, including processing, tracking, and distributing travel arrangements and DTS orders as well as processing travel vouchers in DTS
- Coordinate with all other directorate level personnel as appropriate
- Receive and distribute mail and managing email correspondence
- Manage, organize, and order office supplies, and any other funding requests as needed
- Handle confidential and classified information, correspondence, and communications.
What you'll need:
- BA/BS; 6 years relevant work experience may be substituted for a BA/BS degree. Associate degree plus 4 years relevant work experience may be substituted for a BA/BS degree.
- Years of experience: 3-10
- Strong attention to detail and knowledge of the JFTR
- Secret Security Clearance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items. EEO/AAP, M, F, V, D