Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Technician
Buckley AFB, CO /
Operations & Maintenance Programs – 460th RAMS /
Full Time - Nonexempt
Delta Solutions & Strategies is seeking a HVAC Technician to join our team in Denver Colorado. Candidate must be able to work various shifts.
As a supporting member of 460 Mission Support Group, Civil Engineering, you will provide Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC) engineering operations and maintenance (O&M) of primary and back-up Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) Space Operations Centers (SOC) to meet a 99.9% availability rate of mission critical HVAC for SBIRS and Legacy Defense Support Program (DSP) missions. This support is considered mission essential and work hours will be non-standard work hour shifts to support a 24/7/365 function to include nights, weekends, and holidays. Requires an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a SCI and all HVAC technicians must have and maintain a current Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Universal Certification.
What you'll be doing:
- Operate, install, inspect, repair, troubleshoot, replace and or overhaul chillers and all chiller plant support equipment; chiller plant consists of twelve chillers from 1000 to 1300 tons, eight cooling towers, water pumps up to 3100 GPM, electrical motors from fractional to 125 HP, pneumatic and electronic control systems, pneumatic valves, level controllers and other associated equipment used in the operation of the central chiller plants for SBIRS & DSP operations
- Operate, install, modify, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, replace and overhaul large HVAC systems, Troubleshoots, calibrates, adjusts, repairs, and replaces boiler components, operates air handlers, Variable Air Volume units, fan coil units, condensing units, gas unit heaters, hot water unit heaters, boilers, humidifiers, pumps, and other equipment required to maintain facility cooling, heating, and ventilation requirements.
- Performs preventive maintenance and other periodic inspections on all chillers and associated chiller plant equipment
- Conducts chemical analysis and makes chemical additive adjustments for chilled water, condenser water and hot water systems
- Visually monitors and inspects equipment operations using pressure/temperature gauges, flow/pressure/temperature transmitters and other special equipment, tools and meters required in the operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and diagnoses of air conditioners, including Computer Room Air Conditioner (CRAC) computer room air conditioners, split A/C units, package units, rooftop A/C units, gas package units, window A/C units, evaporative cooling units, chillers, cooling towers, gear reducers, pumps, and other chiller plant equipment
- Serves as a consultant on HVAC aspects of SBIRS O&M projects and provides HVAC engineering support
- Understands chiller plant operation and proficient in operating chillers and chiller support equipment manually in the event of equipment failure or automatic control system failure
- Deliver technical analysis and recommendations for integrating emerging HVAC technologies into evolving SBIRS infrastructure
- Provide requirements analysis for future changes in SBIRS HVAC mission support architecture
- Review and support the development of training and evaluations products in support of SBIRS HVAC quality control
What you'll need:
- Shift work requiring highly demanding response times to return critical mission operations to full functionality
- Knowledge of HVAC engineering concepts, principles, and practices applicable to a broad range of atypical or highly difficult facilities engineering assignments
- Ability to adapt precedents or make significant departures from previous approaches to similar projects to provide for specialized requirements of some projects
- Ability to plan and monitor large and complex facilities HVAC projects requiring searching out and development of new or greatly modified methods and approaches to assure applicable objectives, standards, and requirements are met
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a SCI is required to be considered for this position
- Experience with federal, state, and local codes concerning health, safety, and the environment
- Experience with Human/Machine Interface (HMI) systems to monitor the operation of on-line equipment or to place equipment in or out of service
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to initiate work orders, order part and materials and open or close out work orders
- Knowledge of the SBIRS mission and related organizations
- Experience with the Procurement Requisition System to request parts and material necessary to maintain the operation of equipment vital to the mission of the facility
- Demonstrated knowledge of Department of Defense policies and procedures
Delta Solutions & Strategies offers a generous benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), PTO, paid holidays, parental, military and jury duty paid leaves.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the hourly range for this position is $37-$40. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Delta Solutions & Strategies considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring, and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items. EEO/AAP, M, F, V, D